Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Life so far with the Stasis tune...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Life so far with the Stasis tune...

I've had the exhaust for quite a while and, like many of you, I've been chomping at the bit for the software, which was done last week. I picked up my car from the dealer on Friday evening, but it was pouring rain…..all I succeeded in doing was causing the stability program (ESP) to engage… ..repeatedly….. ;8^)

On Saturday I put about 100 miles on the car with a mixture of city and highway miles. I am very happy with tune. This is my third Audi with engine tuning software and a sport exhaust, and I think it’s the most seamless integration I’ve experienced. This is my first time with software from Stasis and I’m quite pleased with their products and service. McLean Reich is the rep from Stasis that I worked with and he really helped me out and was fast to respond to e-mails.

On Sunday I did another 100 miles to check gas milage; all highway, and at a fairly constant 75 mph. According to the car's mpg calculation I got 28.9 mpg, basically the same as pre-tune.

I did some impromptu 0-60 runs using a digital stopwatch and got results between 4.0 and 4.2 seconds. I have driven both a current S6 and S7 and the Stasis tuned 3.0T is close, if not the same, in acceleration. I can only imagine how crazy fast the 4.0T is with tuning software.

I have always driven the A7 with the transmission in manual mode; it is my first car with an automatic (in 38 years of car ownership), and I’m still more comfortable shifting for myself. With the tune, as expected, the motor builds revs faster than stock and entertainingly, when I really stand on it in first gear, it occasionally hits the rev limiter before I can flick the paddle. I highly recommend the tune and the exhaust.

By the way, thanks to “sgroer” for being the "guinea pig" and for his posts on this topic.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I go in for mine tomorrow morning.......

Wow, I will be happy with anything in the 4.9 second range for 0-60 MPH but you estimate low 4s! Boy Howdy, cannot wait! Christmas is coming twice this year.

Ordered the Injen intake for delivery on Friday and will install this weekend. (Thanks sgroer)

Already have the muffler stubs opened up, as shown in the photo and on the youtube vid:

Maybe I will film the scene again after the Stasis / Injen additions to see if the car disappears faster or sounds meaner.

Cost me about $300 to have the two stubs cut out and downward tubes welded on. Louder a bit and free flowing outputs.

I guess the next step is to order the S7 rear valence and have the quad tips welded on unless Stasis offers a Quad exhaust. Then I'll do that.
Attached Images