Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Looking for A6 CPO - new to Audi

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for A6 CPO - new to Audi

Hi all,

I am thinking about getting the 2014 A6 for my wife to replace her C300. We have never owner the A6 and since Audi's don't lease very well. i was thinking a CPO would be a better deal.

What should I look for 2.0 or 3.0? premium plus or prestige?
How is Audi's CPO warranty? Are there any known issues with the A6? I know most people say not to buy german cars and to only lease them, but I don't want to spend all that money only to return it in 3 years.

So, what would you guys suggest to someone new to Audi looking to buy a CPO?
Old 08-24-2017, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They are great cars. More reliable then Mercedes and BMW. The 3.0 is a better engine. My A8 is my first Audi and I love it. Also a CPO. Avoid Audi Care and the wheel / tire / paint policies. They are not worth it. You end up paying double what it would cost via an independent and tripple if you can do the basics yourself. Don't let the finance managers scare you into buying their BS. Audi dealers are a total ripoff for standard maintenance. Use a good German car independent mechanic and enjoy the car. Also, 10k miles is too much between oil changes on these cars. Really recommend OCI's around 7k miles.

Last edited by LexusLSguy; 08-24-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for your reply, I was hoping to get some more opinion, is this not an active forum?

Do any of you with a family of four own the A6? if so do you think its adequate or do you wish you had gotten a SUV.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by sid369
Thanks for your reply, I was hoping to get some more opinion, is this not an active forum?

Do any of you with a family of four own the A6? if so do you think its adequate or do you wish you had gotten a SUV.
It's an active forum but most of your questions have been answered before. In brief: I, and most others, prefer the 3.0. It's a proven engine and is better suited to the A6 than the 2.0. In my case I went with the diesel, but I have or have had 3 cars with the 3.0 and it's a fantastic engine.
There are really no issues with these cars whatsoever. Some early 3.0s had t-stat and water pump recalls, but I think that by 2014 Audi had already had this issue worked out. I hear about Audis being expensive to maintain, but my A6 has never had any work required on it other than routine maintenance and has given me no indication that it's going to be a troublesome car. It's got plenty of space, but it depends on how you intend to use it as far as space is concerned. Are you using it for ski trip? Camping?....
Old 08-27-2017, 11:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought a 2014 A6 TDI CPO and it has been a great car. Had 9,500 miles on it when I bought it and Im now at 45K miles without one issue. I also got the Audi Care($860), which was well worth it when you factor in that it covers 4 maintenance schedules plus you get a loaner, which helps not having to wait around. I agree with the previous post not to get any wheel/tire/paint policy, but do some checking as Audi Care might more sense depending on your situation. Good luck with your purchase and after having both Mercedes and BMW, you won't ever regret having an Audi
Old 08-27-2017, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Stop knocking down the 2.0. Mine is a 2.0 and its still a great car after three years and 45,000 miles. I just had to get my two cents in. Lol
Old 08-27-2017, 04:35 PM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default A is a great choice!

Hi all,

I am thinking about getting the 2014 A6 for my wife to replace her C300. We have never owner the A6 and since Audi's don't lease very well. i was thinking a CPO would be a better deal.

What should I look for 2.0 or 3.0? premium plus or prestige?
How is Audi's CPO warranty? Are there any known issues with the A6? I know most people say not to buy german cars and to only lease them, but I don't want to spend all that money only to return it in 3 years.

So, what would you guys suggest to someone new to Audi looking to buy a CPO?
Firstly, Audi CPO machines are a great choice. A6 2.0 for better gas mileage, A6 3.0 if you like a quicker alternative.
To give you one CPO example I ran across last month awaiting Q5 servicing, I walked the Audi lot and there sat an A8 pre-owned CPO 2014 3.0T. Not having a clue about price I went to a sales rep, asked him about the car and a test drive. Price was $46k for a CPO A8 with 24K!! 2 weeks ago the price was reduced $4000 to $42000. Can you imagine a $90k car factory warranted for an additional 3 years and 100K miles, no accidents no problems! I did a test drive as well. The car was gorgeous.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

A6 great car...no issues.

We have 3 kids, now one out and the other two in college. With 3 cramped in back. No problem with 2: while they enjoy being in the Audi, one has a used Camry and the other a used Accord-both of which are roomier in the back. No reason to get SUV.

The trunk is great, especially with pass through and/or folding rear seats. No problem at all when we were hauling their hockey gear around (except the smell). Opening to trunk more accommodating than similar cars.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased a 2013 Prestige CPO with 54k. I just passed 70K in less than 6 months. Extremely happy with it.
Room has never been a problem.
Only issues I've had is a bad oil pressure sensor and fuel door release. Both were covered under the CPO, with their $85 fee.
Looking forward to 100k so I can tune it without having to worry about the warranty. Meanwhile I drive it like I stole it.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

good call on the CPO I would not buy any European car with CPO or factory warranty still intact so that can purchase extended warranty

engine mount is the common thing, thermostat, MMI updates and a bunch of recalls