Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Looking for A6 photos...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for A6 photos...

Anyone have a link to good quality photos of Quartz gray with the 20" sport package wheels?

I've searched dealer inventory via Autotrader.com but no luck with that combination. Audi dealers don't seem to take many photos of vehicles in general (they rely on the "stock" Audi drawings). Except black, which has lots of pics around.

PS: if people want to use this thread as a general dumping ground for photo requests for an "A6 with xyz..." that's fine.
Might even be useful for new buyers, to have all those types of one-off pics in one place.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EF99
Anyone have a link to good quality photos of Quartz gray with the 20" sport package wheels?

I've searched dealer inventory via Autotrader.com but no luck with that combination. Audi dealers don't seem to take many photos of vehicles in general (they rely on the "stock" Audi drawings). Except black, which has lots of pics around.

PS: if people want to use this thread as a general dumping ground for photo requests for an "A6 with xyz..." that's fine.
Might even be useful for new buyers, to have all those types of one-off pics in one place.
Only grey/20" I could find is this:http://www.laurelwestmontaudi.com/ne...c4ce407299.htm but it might the dakota grey. Most of the listings on Cars.com for "quartz Grey" have the 19" wheels.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My car came with the 20" wheels from the sport package. Didn't have a chance to take any pics since my special ordered 20's were put on the car right away. You can see pics of my Quartz Gray in the sticky above.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Psychodo: thanks for looking. That does look like Dakota Gray. While I'd rather go no larger than 19", I didn't mind the ride of the 20" inch sport package in a test drive a while back, and I really like they way they look with the shape of the car. I'm on the fence about the sport package 19's. They just don't look quite right with the A6, but they seem to look better with lighter colors. I found a youtube video of someone that put the 19" S5 wheels on a quartz A6 and liked those better.

mike a: wheels are definitely a matter of personal preference, but I like the design of the standard 20-inchers better. I'd go so far as to say it's probably my favorite wheel of all the Audi wheels I've seen. How does a special order wheel work thru the dealer...are there prices listed somewhere and did they take the tires off the factory wheels and move them to your new wheels, or were you stuck selling the factory wheels/tires on your own?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

mike a: wheels are definitely a matter of personal preference, but I like the design of the standard 20-inchers better. I'd go so far as to say it's probably my favorite wheel of all the Audi wheels I've seen. How does a special order wheel work thru the dealer...are there prices listed somewhere and did they take the tires off the factory wheels and move them to your new wheels, or were you stuck selling the factory wheels/tires on your own?
The 20" stock wheels are pretty nice. If the titanium wheels that I ordered were not available for the A6 I would have stayed with the stock wheels. I prefer however the sportier look of the wheels that I have.
The special order process through the dealer was pretty easy. I gave them the part # and they ordered it. They gave me credit for the stock 20's and moved the tires to the new wheels.