Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Looks like a long wait for the Stasis chip...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Looks like a long wait for the Stasis chip...

Emailed Stasis to check on the status of their chip development. Disappointing news...

Product development for the 2012 A6 3.0T is in the early stages. We don't have a definitive timeframe on software, as Audi introduced a brand new ECU chip board. Hard parts - such as exhaust, suspension, brakes and wheels/tires - will most likely be available prior to the ECU upgrade.

I'd encourage all of you that want to chip to email them to show interest.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the ABT, STATIS has got nothing on ABT when it comes to Audi engine tuning.

ABT claims up to 420 hp with their chip and I know they are pretty accurate with their numbers. Here is the link:

http://www.abt-sportsline.de/en/tuni...-upgrade-6778/
Old 08-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, but is it for a C7?
Old 08-27-2011, 10:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, that's for the C7.

I did find that Abt were very expensive. Something like £3000 for their remap on my A8, as opposed to MTM who were about £900 (and btw, they delivered what they said they would).

It's also worth checking B & B if there's a reseller in the US (the link is for the A7, but I can't imagine the C7 is far behind) ....

http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de/de...fsi/index.html

jet
Old 10-05-2011, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greetings,

I just received an email from Stasis Engineering in response to my query about a Touring Package for the A6 and they said 3rd Quarter of 2011 or 1st quarter of 2012... we shall see. I just took delivery of my 2012 A6 and drove the A7 with Stasis exhaust and it was a very sweet sound. The Stasis S4 I drove was delirious, but I needed the A6 for the extra room. I hope the A6 Package is equally engaging.

Best

Eric
Old 10-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I heard from the dealer that things were moving forward, and it should be done by Q4. I hope so since I added it to my 2012 order. Glad I will get o put a few thousand miles on before getting the flash. I am looking forward to feeling the difference.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Frustrated

I don't know if it is the winter doldrums, but with no tuning parts coming out. I have started pricing S4's. I had an S5, and I miss the manual transmission and the sound.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm waiting on APR and their program switching. Besides, isn't the scuttlebutt Stasis is simply re-branded APR or should I not go there...
Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Tucker74
Besides, isn't the scuttlebutt Stasis is simply re-branded APR or should I not go there...
The internet is full of information.

I would suggest anyone considering any purchase of any product, go search the forums to learn about if the product meets it's claims and how the seller deals with customer support issues.

That's the reason that I'm on this and every other Audi forum, learning the good, bad and ugly before laying the money down.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tucker74
I'm waiting on APR and their program switching. Besides, isn't the scuttlebutt Stasis is simply re-branded APR or should I not go there...
Same scuttlebutt I heard, at least with some of their tunes, others have been attributed to others.

My opinion is the only reason to choose Stasis is the veil of warranty they say they provide. I have never read of anyone actually using that warranty. I'd guess, if warranty work is ever required that the installing dealer doesn't tell AoA of the modifications. (pure speculation)

Quick Reply: Looks like a long wait for the Stasis chip...