Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Missing backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 718 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by PsychDoc
Realizing if I open my mouth in any way that could be seen as negative I'm going to be labeled a troll I'll still take a shot at this.

... The outgoing A6 and current A8 hardly sold any units.

So go ahead, call me a troll, a BMW plant, whatever you want. The fact is that the points I have made are true and any of you who have the capacity to be objective will see this. Based on the response(s) I've seen so far, I'm not holding my breath that objectivity and dispassion will be much in evidence however.
You sure sound like a TROLL. The "facts" you make are accurate in some respects, but all together inaccurate/false in others. The A8 launch was not great, where Audi of America got caught short by Audi AG on some options issues, and dealer allocations didn't hit optimal levels until a couple of months ago---yes an issue.

However, the A7 and A6 launches have gone better, with inventory arriving in speedier fashion---even considering the Monroney sticker port mix-up on these two platforms. As for your statement regarding current A8 sales: "...current A8 hardly sold any units," well that's completely B-O-G-U-S!!! Sure A8 sales levels have never matched MB S-500 or BMW 7-series figures, but the current/new D4 A8 has broken Audi's previous U.S. sales records: year-to-date D4 sales through the first half of the year have surpassed Audi of America's prior A8 sales volumes going back to the D3's first year (see the attached June and Year-to-Date A8 Sales trend chart). If you want to be taken seriously, stop spouting unsupported fabrications, and try looking up some actual facts---as inconvenient to you as they might be. Man, talk about "objectivity and dispassion"---yeah, sure; how about starting with some yourself.
Attached Files
Old 07-10-2011, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
You sure sound like a TROLL. The "facts" you make are accurate in some respects, but all together inaccurate/false in others...

..If you want to be taken seriously, stop spouting unsupported fabrications, and try looking up some actual facts---as inconvenient to you as they might be. Man, talk about "objectivity and dispassion"---yeah, sure; how about starting with some yourself.
Better yet, why doesn't he just go away. Who needs his "well thought out", button-pushing posts here. I doubt he has ever used an Audi service dept. so any opinions are likely what he heard someone else report from a poor experience (that any brand of car will certainly have somewhere including BMW). My experiences with three Audi service depts. since 2001 have been well above average, but there will always be exceptions.

He should enjoy his BMW. Preferably somewhere else. Just not here.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was giving PsychDoc the benefit of the doubt... Rarely have I ever participated in online forums - this being the first in a long time. I get enough religion and politics in everyday life - I don't need to come here to be bothered by the similar debates of car manufacturers.

If you're not here to enlighten, inform, educate, or provide a unique perspective, see ya later... PsychDoc seems to spout the same grandstanding about dealerships and percent off MSRP that doesn't really further his case. His wide swaths of generalizations might be better suited to Consumer Reports if I was hoping for some truths.

And we really don't need to be hijacking another thread to deal with this... PsychDoc - please feel free to stick around if you can truly add some level of grounded information or at least a bit of levity & entertainment. Otherwise - I guess we'll see what happens...
Old 07-11-2011, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PsychDoc
And so it begins.
It's unbelievable that your criticism has nothing to do with driving dynamics, style, power, handling or anything that really matters. The configurator wasn't up and running when their INTERNAL target date (that you were not supposed to see but I let you) was. Who cares? 2 months to order a car from Germany? Sounds pretty short to me. I had a 135i special order take 5 months two years ago because BMW f***ed it up at port. It happens.

This is an Audi board. Why are you posting here? Enjoy your car and spare the unwarranted criticism. Audi is hardly an afterthought anymore. It is the fastest growing luxury brand, so much so that even you considered it. The A6 will be a HUGE success here THIS YEAR, esp once the 2.0T hits. The value at that price point will be completely unmatched by BMW and Mercedes. None of those buyers care about the configurator.

Last edited by ky_soldier; 07-11-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

In case you need to write it on the palms of your hand like your name, on the left hand write: "sport package comes with 3-spoke steering wheel", on the right hand write: "otherwise 4-spoke steering wheel".

Since you're crying that the online configurator doesnt tell you when the Beauford Oak trim will be available, I guess you're also crying that the configurator doesn't tell you when the Hybrid will be either. They showed that at the auto show too.

BTW, BMW and every other brand show options and models at car shows which dont make it to market. It's a car show. They show cars. They get feedback.

Do BMW's still come with tissue holders? I can see why.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CharlieSlasher
Do BMW's still come with tissue holders? I can see why.
+1