Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

MMI update fee

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seki
Its 0566. I got it a few days ago on MY12.
Is there a website to view and print these TSB's such as 0566?
Old 10-20-2012, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok. I just came from my dealer. 3 issues have been resolved:

1. I told them that there is an intermitten navigation and back up camera freeze and asked them to update MMI software. They scanned the system and updated it. Here is what the dealer wrote "...Found applicable update regarding this concern. Downloaded 9196 2599 software into vehicle as per TSB 203044653."
Now my MMI version is ...P0566 (used to be ...P0409). Navigation did not change (still ...5.5.3). One good thing that I noticed after update is that I now dont have to speak city, street, and house number separately after beep. I can now just say an entire address and the system processes it smoothly. This is a big step forward for me as it was pretty annoying before.

2. I told them bad sound quality on the receiving end and asked to replace the mics. They ordered the parts and will replace the mics. Here is what the dealer wrote "...Found TSB 202771812 regarding this concern. Ordered updated microphone as per bulletin."

3. They performed power steering software update per 48K4 recall. I honestly did not notice any difference. I did not ask them to update this but it seems they did. Will drive me and update you guys if there is any change.

My Bose system before and after update sounded same. I am personally satisfied with Bose surround system. When I use high quality CDs, the sound is loud and clear. There is enough bass to fully satisfy my hears.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:54 PM
fcd
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for everyone's responses by the way!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I was told there is not an update for my car...

I just took my car (2012 Audi A6, Prestige) in for 25K service on Saturday...yes...I drive my care a lot lol...

I also asked them to take a look at my MMI, because when I have my iPod connected it flickers at the bottom of the screen.

Fast forward to Monday, the service rep called me to say they are looking at the MMI and asked a couple questions about usage. I asked him did he know of any updates for my car. He stated "no" and looked my car up by VIN number. (All this is over the phone of course, so I am not sure if he actually looked up anything, but I haven't had any bad experiences with the service over the past year, so I'm sure he did).

So just now, I jumped on here only to find out that my concern with the flicker is covered by the K0566 update. I also did not realize that there was an issue with bluetooth, I just thought it was the crappy Apple software messing up my phone. So that's two issues that can be rectified with this update.

I called back to the service center and left my rep a message.

My concern is he stated that there was not an update; when there actually is one that directly addresses my issue(s).

Any suggestions for next steps, if this does not get resolved?

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=27

Originally Posted by deanrose

Last edited by lostnspace; 12-03-2012 at 07:18 AM. Reason: GRAMMAR
Old 12-03-2012, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

What is your current system showing? If not the 0566 and your dealer is not helping resolve it, contact AOA yourself.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Seki
I took the car in for the 5K service and told them to update and check everything on it and for my surprise when I got the car back it was updated. No VAG-com changes have been lost everything still works as it was.
I have a 2012 as well, and the lap timer/boost gauge/temperature mod doesn't work eventhough its enabled! Now that you have the MMI update, were you able to get that to work?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
What is your current system showing? If not the 0566 and your dealer is not helping resolve it, contact AOA yourself.
Thanks for the quick response!

I do not have my car back yet as they are still working on an airbag issue.

(Randomly, when I have a passenger, sitting co-pilot of course...the airbag sensor will turn on and off repeatedly.)

So I called into AOA (I chose option 3 and then option 1)to tell them about my concerns and ask if they knew of any updates for the system and if they could contact the service center directly to inform them of the update. The AOA rep stated she could not look up whether or not an update existed but should would definitely call into the service center to see if there was an update for my car. She also told me I can't trust everything that I read on internet (lol). I assured her that my information was legit and I that I would call back in to the service center.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just had a 5K service done and asked the dealer to investigate the GPS freezing momentarily every once in a while. When I got the car back, the MMI had been updated and the power steering update had also been completed. From what I gather, there is some time involved to update or reflash or whatever they do to the MMI and it's not just a question of plugging the car in for 10 minutes or whatever. My VCDS tweaks were all intact after the car was returned.

Last edited by spoon2000; 12-03-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by spoon2000
I just had a 5K service done and asked the dealer to investigate the GPS freezing momentarily every once in a while. When I got the car back, the MMI had been updated and the power steering update had also been completed. From what I gather, there is some time involved to update or reflash or whatever they do to the MMI. My VCDS tweaks were all intact after the car was returned.
In your opinion, is there any appreciable difference in the Bose's sound quality since the MMI update? Obviously there have been mixed reports about this; some people have mentioned a dramatic audio improvement after the update, while others have suggested there's no change at all.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default MMI update

Went thru same hastle at dealership...no update for my vin number. After I showed them the TSB# and P0566 update info they claimed it was only for certain 2012 A6 and mine was not one of them. As soon as I mentioned AOA miraculously they found the update and will now have to educate themselves on how to perform the update. Why doesnt the dealership want their vehicles to operate correctly?? The radio and nav are important features??
Ill keep posting after I get my car back

Quick Reply: MMI update fee