Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

My 5000 mile service and issues addressed

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts
Default My 5000 mile service and issues addressed

I had my 2013 A6 3.0 in for the 5000 mile service and had a couple of issues for them to check out/resolve:

1) 5000 Mile service performed

2) Weird light blue stains on left rear interior door panel and handle: I noticed these were present after I took delivery. I tried cleaning but no joy.
Result: dealer apparently used something stronger as stains were removed.

3) Handsfree trunk lid was working inconsistently (sticking foot under the bumper) and was opening occasionally on it's own as I walked past the left rear fender after locking the car.
Result: Audi is aware of issue and dealer performed SVU 55H4 Convenience Control module update to disable feature for now until permanent fix is found. I'm glad the trunk will no longer open on its own and I won't really miss the sometimes it works foot thing. (This update cleared out my Vag-Com remote window/sunroof mod so I will have to re-enable it).

4) Rear console 12v access door not locking closed properly.
Result: part ordered

5) Faint burning/exhaust odor on full acceleration
Result: was told this is normal burning off of coating from catalytic converter and should disappear after time. I'm not convinced on this one; I'll wait awhile and see if it diminishes and if not, will have "further conversation" with service. In the meantime. it's not very noticeable and only when I stomp on the gas.

6) Dealer performed SVU 48K4 power steering update on J500 module. Apparently, there was an issue for some of an erroneous steering module warning light on start up (I never experienced it). Presumably, this re calibrates the sensor or some such.

All in all, about typical for a first Audi service in my experience. Some things resolved, couple of others left hanging to a later date. All in all, issues were nothing earth-shaking (although I'd really like to see the full-throttle faint odor thing go away).
Old 11-09-2012, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had 5k service as well... Also got the 48K4 update to the steering module. I had to look it up, service just did it without saying anything about it.

Can't say I've noticed any smell on full-throttle. When I first got the car there was a bit of an external burning smell which was probably the coating on the cats as they indicate... But that only occurred for less than a week.

Interesting on the trunk thing. I've never been able to get it to work at all, so maybe my vehicle came with this pre-disabled? Mine was a slightly later build than yours, so perhaps they nixed it at the factory by then. I imagine I can see versions of the software on the control module via VCDS?
Old 11-09-2012, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
3) Handsfree trunk lid was working inconsistently (sticking foot under the bumper) and was opening occasionally on it's own as I walked past the left rear fender after locking the car.
Result: Audi is aware of issue and dealer performed SVU 55H4 Convenience Control module update to disable feature for now until permanent fix is found. I'm glad the trunk will no longer open on its own and I won't really miss the sometimes it works foot thing. (This update cleared out my Vag-Com remote window/sunroof mod so I will have to re-enable it).
Wait a minute...2013 models have the "foot under the rear bumper" to open the trunk option?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by manishaudi
Wait a minute...2013 models have the "foot under the rear bumper" to open the trunk option?
Yes, when it worked, which wasn't all that consistently for me. Besides figuring out what St. Vitus dance I needed to do with my foot, the occasional unwanted self opening was annoying if not embarrassing. In my case, it's now disabled and I'll pretend I never had it. No big deal - I can open the trunk when my wife's arms are full of groceries.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a 2013, and have never been able to open the trunk that way. Mine is an early build (delivered in August).
Does anyone know of a way to look under the car (or in VAG-COM for a specific module) to unambiguously figure out whether the sensor is there or not? I have done the foot-wave thing without success, but it may well be that the sensor is there. Any hints appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mikem33
I have a 2013, and have never been able to open the trunk that way. Mine is an early build (delivered in August).
Does anyone know of a way to look under the car (or in VAG-COM for a specific module) to unambiguously figure out whether the sensor is there or not? I have done the foot-wave thing without success, but it may well be that the sensor is there. Any hints appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
If a 2013, it's probably there but disabled. It may be an option in Vag-Com somewhere but I wouldn't bother until Audi ever offers a fix. Not worth the hassle right now. Since mine was one of the very first (if not the first) 2013 A6's delivered in the U.S. (July 6), it was enabled but I'm guessing Audi discovered early on that it doesn't work reliably and disabled it in software before shipping other 2013's after the first production run.

Last edited by snagitseven; 11-09-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikem33

Thanks,
Mike
Originally Posted by snagitseven
If a 2013, it's probably there but disabled. It may be an option in Vag-Com somewhere but I wouldn't bother until Audi ever offers a fix. Not worth the hassle right now. Since mine was one of the very first (if not the first) 2013 A6's delivered in the U.S. (July 6), it was enabled but I'm guessing Audi discovered early on that it doesn't work reliably and disabled it in software before shipping other 2013's after the first production run.
If the hardware is there, then it may be configurable through VAG...I'll have to check...
Old 11-09-2012, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If the hardware is there, then it may be configurable through VAG...I'll have to check...
Since it never came up until the 2013 models first came out, I doubt the hardware was ever installed in the 2012's. But who knows - poke around in VCDS and see.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That would be awesome i have a 2013 and i have not heard of my car having this feature.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by IncisionInd
That would be awesome i have a 2013 and i have not heard of my car having this feature.
Awesome if it worked properly which it doesn't. Want to have your trunk lid popping open without intervention?

Quick Reply: My 5000 mile service and issues addressed