Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

My Audi Destinations Pin # Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts
Default My Audi Destinations Pin # Issue

Right after I set up the account for My Audi Destinations online, I was asked for the provided Pin code supplied from the My Audi. Once I entered it in the MMI when asked, it worked beautifully for several weeks; all my online destinations that I entered in the My Audi website or sent from Google Maps would appear each time without having to reenter my Pin.

As of the last couple of days, if the car has been sitting off for a few hours, each time I select "Online Destinations>My Audi Destinations", I have to reenter my 8 digit Pin number before it will let me connect.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Old 09-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Right after I set up the account for My Audi Destinations online, I was asked for the provided Pin code supplied from the My Audi. Once I entered it in the MMI when asked, it worked beautifully for several weeks; all my online destinations that I entered in the My Audi website or sent from Google Maps would appear each time without having to reenter my Pin.

As of the last couple of days, if the car has been sitting off for a few hours, each time I select "Online Destinations>My Audi Destinations", I have to reenter my 8 digit Pin number before it will let me connect.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Yes. Like you, it seems to have remembered my code briefly. But, I have had to enter the PIN every time for the past 10 months. The MMI also forgets your home address, from time to time.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi forgets your home address because it's connected to your phone... This is probably the answer to the pin issue as well. Also, reset the MMI once, because it usually never does it by-itself... and see what happens.

Does Audi update the MMI over the air? (from sim?)

how to reset?
SETUP/BIG ****/TOP RIGHT SOFT Together

Won't erase any info. But possibly clear memory leaks.