Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

My impression of the A6 so far

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skipper2
aretardedorange - I am also in NJ and have a BMW530i. I am going to test drive the 3.0 Prestige on Monday afternoon. When I got my BMW i got silver grey which hides the dirt very well and also minor stone chips and scratches blend in well. This car looks good in black and was going to order it with the Phantom Black.

I am purchasing the car in August so it will probably be a 2013 which has a few changes like rear sunshades. I was interested in your comparison with the BMW since I have not yet test driven this car and will keep what you had to say in mind.

In August I am purchasing a new car. It will be either a BMW 5 series or the A6 Prestige. I was also looking at the Mercedes E class but my wife has a SLK350 and I do not like the Merc. I will be keeping the 5 series so it really doesn't make much sense to have 2 or the same cars in my driveway.

How does the MMI compare to the I-Drive? Better or worse?

Also how much below MSRP or above invoce was Edison Audi?

Thanks
Hey Skipper,

Nice car. Silver grey is a great color, when I got my 08 I was looking for silver grey but they had no silver grey, they had space gray which is almost the same, just a tad darker.

Anyways, to answer your question. MMI is a great system, you have a pre LCI E60 so you have the older slower version of iDrive. I have experience with the old iDrive and you are going to love the MMI compared to junk. No lovk ups, no random freezing, its totally smooth. I had the updated iDrive and even compared to that, the MMI is MUCH BETTER.

I got the car $2500 under invoice when all was said and done. Coming from BMW you will get a conquest rebate ($1500) make sure you don't forget that.

I also like you considered the F10. I almost bought a 2012, but the orders had stopped so I was not going to pay more $$$ for a 13 so I walked out.

Good luck, if you have any more questions, please let me know, I will try my best to help.

Here are some final pictures of my E60 before it was gone .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54027258@N07/7277057572/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54027258@N07/7130486175/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54027258@N07/6984401568/
Old 06-03-2012, 07:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hello aretardedorange.

I liked the pics especially the last one. You are right about the I-Drive. I occasionally have lockups where it completely stays off when I start the car. Then I have no audio or nav. Doing a reboot (3 button press) doesn't fix he prob. It is rare, like 2 or 3 times a year but annoying when it happens.

$2500 under invoice is very good. I don't think that I will be as lucky as you. Maybe if I went with something that they had on the lot but no one has what I am looking for so I have to order a 2013. It is 2k more for the 2013 then the 2012 version.

I will be keeping my BMW since I do not lease cars since there is no financial gain from it since I do not own a business. As you can see from my pic I have to make some room in my driveway. LOL

How do you qualify for the conquest rebate?Do you just have to be driving a similar quality car? Do I qualify even if I am not trading it in.

Thanks for the info.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by skipper2
Hello aretardedorange.

I liked the pics especially the last one. You are right about the I-Drive. I occasionally have lockups where it completely stays off when I start the car. Then I have no audio or nav. Doing a reboot (3 button press) doesn't fix he prob. It is rare, like 2 or 3 times a year but annoying when it happens.

$2500 under invoice is very good. I don't think that I will be as lucky as you. Maybe if I went with something that they had on the lot but no one has what I am looking for so I have to order a 2013. It is 2k more for the 2013 then the 2012 version.

I will be keeping my BMW since I do not lease cars since there is no financial gain from it since I do not own a business. As you can see from my pic I have to make some room in my driveway. LOL

How do you qualify for the conquest rebate?Do you just have to be driving a similar quality car? Do I qualify even if I am not trading it in.

Thanks for the info.
Hey skipper,

I actually had no idea about this rebate. I was at Prestige BMW looking at the 12 F10 2 weeks ago (with no interest in purchasing just browsing), I was leaving the dealership and saw a A6 go by so I went next door to the Audi dealership (Jack Daniels Audi). I fell in love with the A6 at that dealership, the salesman told me about the rebate, if you are coming from BMW/Mercedes (5 series/E Class), you show them your registration/proof of ownership, and they will apply that rebate.

I really had no intention in trading in my E60, but almost everyone offered my a very good deal (All BMW/Audi dealerships). My E60 was not in the best of shape. I thought the offer was fair, I saved a decent amount on tax savings as well. Like you I agree, since I do not own a business, leasing a car is a waste of money, its like you are renting a very expensive car for 2 years. .

I would complain to BMW about that iDrive, could go out very soon. I had a friend with a 05 E60, 530i as well, his iDrive went out, cost him a arm and leg to get that fixed. Since I did not daily my E60, sometimes when starting the car after a few days, the iDrive would be blank for a few minutes. Really odd.

Nice driveway by the way . Hows the X5M? It must be a beast, was also looking at the X5 but since the shape is changing, I did not want to buy a "old car", and X5M, with gas the way it is, lets just say that idea went out the window quick.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Hey skipper,

I actually had no idea about this rebate. I was at Prestige BMW looking at the 12 F10 2 weeks ago (with no interest in purchasing just browsing), I was leaving the dealership and saw a A6 go by so I went next door to the Audi dealership (Jack Daniels Audi). I fell in love with the A6 at that dealership, the salesman told me about the rebate, if you are coming from BMW/Mercedes (5 series/E Class), you show them your registration/proof of ownership, and they will apply that rebate.

I really had no intention in trading in my E60, but almost everyone offered my a very good deal (All BMW/Audi dealerships). My E60 was not in the best of shape. I thought the offer was fair, I saved a decent amount on tax savings as well. Like you I agree, since I do not own a business, leasing a car is a waste of money, its like you are renting a very expensive car for 2 years. .

I would complain to BMW about that iDrive, could go out very soon. I had a friend with a 05 E60, 530i as well, his iDrive went out, cost him a arm and leg to get that fixed. Since I did not daily my E60, sometimes when starting the car after a few days, the iDrive would be blank for a few minutes. Really odd.

Nice driveway by the way . Hows the X5M? It must be a beast, was also looking at the X5 but since the shape is changing, I did not want to buy a "old car", and X5M, with gas the way it is, lets just say that idea went out the window quick.
The X5M is mostly for Sams club visits and buying things for the house. It is fully loaded and I like it but it only has 5k miles on it.

I can't go to the dealer about the I-Drive since I have over 200k miles on the 530i.

Tomorrow I am going to the Audi dealership to test drive the A6, I want Prestige with Phantom black and innovation, cold weather and possibly LED package.