Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

My Review - Stasis 3.0T ECU Tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmar
Thanks, my local Audi dealer is an authorized Stasis dealer.....
HBH
Nice! That is cool. My dealer isn't, but the closest one is only about 20 miles further down the freeway.

Good luck with your A6/7!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by at1183
dislike the post, solely due to jealously.

Sounds like a blast. If I wasn't saving for a wedding, I'd have Stasis everything on my C7
+1/-1

Gratz, in the same boat. Wedding and ring has me stretching this year....
Old 01-29-2013, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Helmar
I'm still considering an A6/7 in September. I plan on ordering it delivered with the Stasis ECU already installed.

I understand the warrantee issues, (parts of Audi warrantee voided, but re-covered by Stasis warrantee).

My question is how much stress this increased power puts on various engine/transmission parts that were designed for a lesser power output range? Is this an issue of concern?

HBH

As for the stress - 90%-95% of the time, you are driving it like a stock A6, when you get on it, yes, there is a bit more stress. The 8 speed tranny seems to be pretty robust. I am not worried about it at all. Audi over engineers this stuff.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdAudinarow
Thanks for that info. I can't wait to see the gains on paper! Did they say they were coming out with any more engine mods to increase power anytime soon? Upgraded Pulley, Bigger Super Charger, etc...
My tech at the dealer (stasis dealer) has heard rumblings of a pully offering from Stasis. APR threw out a teaser on Audizine about a new supercharger. I am anxious to see the gains as well. I spoke to Stasis yesterday and he said they are working on the press release so he couldn't give me any numbers, but he took my phone number as the OP said, they are shooting to release this in the very near future.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NVThs1
My tech at the dealer (stasis dealer) has heard rumblings of a pully offering from Stasis. APR threw out a teaser on Audizine about a new supercharger. I am anxious to see the gains as well. I spoke to Stasis yesterday and he said they are working on the press release so he couldn't give me any numbers, but he took my phone number as the OP said, they are shooting to release this in the very near future.
Thanks for that info. How are you liking your STaSIS exhaust? Have you noticed a Tinny sound at all?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sgroer
As for the stress - 90%-95% of the time, you are driving it like a stock A6, when you get on it, yes, there is a bit more stress. The 8 speed tranny seems to be pretty robust. I am not worried about it at all. Audi over engineers this stuff.
+1

Think of it this way: our 8 speed tranny is used on S8 with its monster engine.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have often wondered why Audi doesn't tune these cars closer to say an APR stage 1 for instance...currently the torque drops off quite a bit at a little over 5k rpm..do they know something we don't or are they trying to increase their reliability numbers or decrease warranty work? Just curioius..

In any case I would jump at the chance to drive a chipped A6 3.0T and compare to the my stock version.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by WAudiA6
I have often wondered why Audi doesn't tune these cars closer to say an APR stage 1 for instance...currently the torque drops off quite a bit at a little over 5k rpm..do they know something we don't or are they trying to increase their reliability numbers or decrease warranty work? Just curioius..

In any case I would jump at the chance to drive a chipped A6 3.0T and compare to the my stock version.

Where in Georgia are you? I am in Roswell.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
Where in Georgia are you? I am in Roswell.
I am just north of downtown off of 75...
Old 01-29-2013, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by WAudiA6
I am just north of downtown off of 75...
If you want to experience it, let me know. On the days I don't bike to work the car is at the perimeter if you'd like to go for a ride.

Quick Reply: My Review - Stasis 3.0T ECU Tune