Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

My visit to Stasis + Touring Suspension Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default My visit to Stasis + Touring Suspension Installed!

My car spent a few days at Stasis headquarters in West Virginia this week so they could do some R&D on the various items they will soon release for the A6. I'm sworn to secrecy on all of that. I did get to meet most of the folks there, and I was very impressed with the passion, enthusiasm, and attention to detail they put into every component they make. Now I understand why it takes so long to get products out to market! It's really a complex, iterative process. It's a great atmosphere there, right by the track, and you can see how it fosters an environment that helps Stasis over deliver on everything they put out.

Suffice it to say, their A6 line will be something special.

While there's work to do still on some of the components for the A6, I did leave with the touring suspension installed. This is the rear sway and springs. The car sits about .75 inches lower than the OEM sport suspension I had on before. The ride is unbelievable. The improvement to the handling was absolutely shocking, but the firm, sporty OEM ride remains. It's tight, but never jarring at all. I thought it handled well from the factory, but now there is zero body roll and the car eats corners and sweepers for lunch. It's simply awesome.

I've attached a few pics of my car with this suspension installed. Once they officially release it, I HIGHLY recommend it!
Attached Images    
Old 04-28-2012, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks great!

Did you know ABT makes front/rear/side spoilers for the Non S-Line A6? Pricey, but would definitely set your ride off!!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So Jealous right now!

That is awesome news about the suspension. Are you going to have anything else done?
Old 04-28-2012, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by at1183
looks great!

Did you know ABT makes front/rear/side spoilers for the Non S-Line A6? Pricey, but would definitely set your ride off!!
Yes indeed. The front spoiler will be mine. I am not a fan of the ABT rear. I am going to get the prestige rear valence instead. Still debating the sides. They ain't cheap!!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
So Jealous right now!

That is awesome news about the suspension. Are you going to have anything else done?
Yes. There will be more Stasis goodies in the near future.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
So Jealous right now!

And yes, it's great news about the suspension. It is seriously perfect. I was laughing out loud on my first sweeping on-ramp.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
Yes indeed. The front spoiler will be mine. I am not a fan of the ABT rear. I am going to get the prestige rear valence instead. Still debating the sides. They ain't cheap!!
Hmm, I actually really like the rear! The front looks good too.. It kind of looks like the OEM Prestige, but with a little more aggression.

I also saw the ABT rear trunk wing. I've had the hardest time finding a vendor who can import it... Ive emailed everybody that ABT lists

Would also love to see a company make a nice roof wing for this car... nothing over kill and cheap, but something that flows with the lines of the C7
Old 04-28-2012, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F'n nice!
Old 04-29-2012, 12:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ohhh, so that's what you were hiding...looks awesome! Now this makes my decision on which springs to get that much harder....

Can't wait to hear about the other Stasis goodies in the works!

What size wheels and tires do you have?

EDIT: From you signature, I see you have 19" wheels. Are you running 255/40's?

Last edited by darcivic00si; 04-29-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by darcivic00si
Ohhh, so that's what you were hiding...looks awesome! Now this makes my decision on which springs to get that much harder....

Can't wait to hear about the other Stasis goodies in the works!

What size wheels and tires do you have?

EDIT: From you signature, I see you have 19" wheels. Are you running 255/40's?
Thanks. I think the rear bar makes a difference. I have not experienced other spring options on the c7, but it is hard to imagine something being any better than this.

Tires are 255/40. Wheel offset is 35.

Quick Reply: My visit to Stasis + Touring Suspension Installed!