Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Mysterious squeaks, rattles, and thumps...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HillyG
So after taking my car to Keyes Audi four times, which was added up to eight days, and them not being able to diagnose the squeaking/thumping noises, I finally took my A6 to the dealership in Pasadena. Again they had someone ride along to listen to the noise, which he heard within the first :15 of the ride. The next day they called and said it was fixed. Of course I was weary of believing them. I picked up the vehicle and it was fixed! No noises. They gave me an invoice that listed all the steps they took to figure it out. Basically they ended up taking apart part of the suspension, which I thought was the problem all along, and torqued the sway bars, cleaned sway bar bushings, and torqued sway bar links. So apparently they were loose on the right side of the car and that was what was causing the noises. I called the service manager at the original dealership and had a long talk with him. I also complained to Audi of America about it. They are suppose to call me back early next week. I'm just very frustrated that one dealership had my car eight days and couldn't figure it out, yet another dealership had it fixed in one day!
Pasadena, so you mean Rusnak...I go to the Rusnak dealership in Westlake Village. In the LA Area they seem to be the best service departments. Keyes never wowed me & Auto Gallery are just obnoxious.

Glad your issue was resolved. Good luck with dealing with AoA
Old 02-08-2013, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So my creaking noise was some loos bolts on a subframe bolt and crossbrace bolt? Not this suspension thing that seemed similar to my issue.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Similar ratles in Finland and cold climate.

Originally Posted by HillyG
So after taking my car to Keyes Audi four times, which was added up to eight days, and them not being able to diagnose the squeaking/thumping noises, I finally took my A6 to the dealership in Pasadena. Again they had someone ride along to listen to the noise, which he heard within the first :15 of the ride. The next day they called and said it was fixed. Of course I was weary of believing them. I picked up the vehicle and it was fixed! No noises. They gave me an invoice that listed all the steps they took to figure it out. Basically they ended up taking apart part of the suspension, which I thought was the problem all along, and torqued the sway bars, cleaned sway bar bushings, and torqued sway bar links. So apparently they were loose on the right side of the car and that was what was causing the noises. I called the service manager at the original dealership and had a long talk with him. I also complained to Audi of America about it. They are suppose to call me back early next week. I'm just very frustrated that one dealership had my car eight days and couldn't figure it out, yet another dealership had it fixed in one day!
I received my new 3.0tdi 3 weeks ago and after first test drive in country road I started to recognize this rattle. After some testing I realized it was louder when backing up. I seem to follow the same path as you did with your problem. Car was with Audi 6 days and I got it back as same with comments to wait until they receive more instructions. I waited one week after I could not take it any more. I took the car back to dealers and made it very clear, that I want similar car for my usage and they should repair my car as soon as possible. I got similar A6 (with similar problem!!) and been waiting for parts 1 week. They are going to replace sway bar and its bushings. Letīs see, like the car still!
They explained a little and they think the reason is wrong desing in bushing and rattle is higher when temperature is lower. Cant tell because it was around -10 here in Finland all the time, when I have been doind my testing.