Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

New 2012 A6 Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 05:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stoulana
You can visually inspect rear suspension & see if bump stops are holding in place & look like in diagram, sometimes bump stops get loose during shipping & they cause thud at extreme bumps or when wheel falls in pot hole. If you see any other shipping blocks not similar to diagram, then check with dealer to right away to inspect. I have sport suspension 19" they are firm but no noise heard over bumps. Thanks to Tenspeed for posting the diagram!!!
You guys are all so very helpful. Thank you! Here is what my rear shock absorbers look like. (2012 A6) I can rest assured that the shipping blocks have been removed.
My suspension is a little firmer/busier occasionally than I would have expected from a car of this price range. Oh well.
Attached Images   
Old 07-05-2012, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dht34
Tenspeed, as usual you are the man on diagrams.
Thank you. Here one to wish for - air bags, sport diff and adjustable shocks.

Last edited by tenspeed; 07-05-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by YHan01
You guys are all so very helpful. Thank you! Here is what my rear shock absorbers look like. (2012 A6) I can rest assured that the shipping blocks have been removed.
My suspension is a little firmer/busier occasionally than I would have expected from a car of this price range. Oh well.
Check the tyre pressures. It is not unknown for dealers to leave them set for fully laden/high speed rather than for normal driving, assuming of course that they remember to check them at all. I found my old (C6) A6 to be very sensitive to tyre pressure. Once you have checked/adjusted them remember to rest the Tyre Pressure Monitoring through the MMI (if you have it)
Old 07-05-2012, 06:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. Will-do.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YHan01
That looks normal, checking tire pressure as suggested is important, tire pressure setting should be on driver door side. A6 is sports sedan so ride will be on firm side for less lean in curves & body roll over bumps.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Car got delivered to my house today! Been playing with it for the last 3-4hrs. Pictures to come real soon.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by stoulana
That looks normal, checking tire pressure as suggested is important, tire pressure setting should be on driver door side. A6 is sports sedan so ride will be on firm side for less lean in curves & body roll over bumps.
The car label is for max loads only. Refer to the manual for a tire pressure chart showing all sizes and conditions. There is quite a difference between full and normal load recommended tire pressures.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The car label is for max loads only. Refer to the manual for a tire pressure chart showing all sizes and conditions. There is quite a difference between full and normal load recommended tire pressures.
The high tire pressure was the culprit!!! For my car, the tire pressure needs to be 38psig/41 (front/rear) but was between 45 and 49 psig! The ride is so much better now. Hard to believe that the tire pressure can make such a difference.

Thanks again all!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dht34
Just wanted to let everyone know I've officially joined the Audi A6 Club! Finalized a deal tonight for TWO Audi A6 Prestige. One for me and the other for my girlfriend.

2012 Audi A6 Phantom Black 3.0T Prestige
20'' Sports Package
LED Headlights
Black Interior
Black Headliner
Fine Grain Ash Wood Inlays

Girlfriend got Oolong Gray, everything else the same plus Audi Side Assist.

2012 stock was limited, had to do a dealer swap and port trade. My car is at port waiting for release and girlfriend's car just left port and is on its away up from San Diego.

We hope to pick up our cars by 4th of July!
This is the same exact car I bought two weeks ago. Couldn't be happier.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Just wanted to say thanks for this, my tires were still at the 50 PSI "delivery" pressure, and are now properly adjusted. Shame on me thinking the dealer would set them properly.

Expecting a little smoother ride on the 20's now!

Quick Reply: New 2012 A6 Prestige