Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

New To Audi, New To The Forums

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=manishaudi;24374243]
Originally Posted by NavyGuy

do you have to use it up entirely in the 3 months? Or do you just have to show activity to keep the data active?
My understanding with the AT&T pay as you go (prepaid) one has to add money to the plan before the expiration date to keep the date extended and plan active. In other words, adding $$$ will roll over the previous balance if renewed before the expiration date.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
One thing? Not write a check.

Seriously, here's a check list I use (in no particular order) that can make it a good experience:

1. Inspect the car carefully inside and out for any damage or obvious cosmetic issues and have the dealer note them on the invoice.
2. Allow the dealer to walk you through the various features (this gives you a jump start on understanding all the systems).
3. Ensure the dealer activates Sirius and T-Mobile free trials.
4. Ensure the AMI cable is present and if you have an iPhone or 3rd generation iTouch, see if they will swap out the blue grommet AMI cable for the red one (for video and album art display).
5. Resist all offers to purchase add-ons from the finance mgr. like extended warranties, Audi Care, paint treatments, etc. Despite what he may say otherwise, you can purchase these later if you are so inclined. (Audi Care is the only one I'll buy at 15K service and bras and films will be usually less expensive from third parties on your own).
6. Ensure you get a full tank of gas.
7. If required, make sure they provide the info to your insurance company and the car has its inspection sticker.
8. Ensure the shipping blocks have been removed.
9. Ensure spare, jack and all operating manuals are present.
10. Check tire pressures are not set to the max settings on the door label but are set to the manual's recommendation.
11. Bring a camera and take some photos before you drive it off the lot. The car will never look better and you'll have a nice record of the experience for later.
12. Try not to be too excited to drive the car before running down the list above.

Good luck and (soon) welcome home!
Will have my 2014 A6 delivered to my home this weekend. Dealer is 4 hours away. Anything added I need to know/do since I wont see my salesman face to face? I assume the included trials will be activated before they load it and Im sure the driver wont know much. Will they have the car covered during transport?? Thanks..
Old 02-17-2014, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
One thing? Not write a check.

Seriously, here's a check list I use (in no particular order) that can make it a good experience:

1. Inspect the car carefully inside and out for any damage or obvious cosmetic issues and have the dealer note them on the invoice.
2. Allow the dealer to walk you through the various features (this gives you a jump start on understanding all the systems).
3. Ensure the dealer activates Sirius and T-Mobile free trials.
4. Ensure the AMI cable is present and if you have an iPhone or 3rd generation iTouch, see if they will swap out the blue grommet AMI cable for the red one (for video and album art display).
5. Resist all offers to purchase add-ons from the finance mgr. like extended warranties, Audi Care, paint treatments, etc. Despite what he may say otherwise, you can purchase these later if you are so inclined. (Audi Care is the only one I'll buy at 15K service and bras and films will be usually less expensive from third parties on your own).
6. Ensure you get a full tank of gas.
7. If required, make sure they provide the info to your insurance company and the car has its inspection sticker.
8. Ensure the shipping blocks have been removed.
9. Ensure spare, jack and all operating manuals are present.
10. Check tire pressures are not set to the max settings on the door label but are set to the manual's recommendation.
11. Bring a camera and take some photos before you drive it off the lot. The car will never look better and you'll have a nice record of the experience for later.
12. Try not to be too excited to drive the car before running down the list above.

Good luck and (soon) welcome home!
13. I you don't plan to install a front license plate then make it clear to them that you don't want the frame installs by dealer, you will install yourself, otherwise, you will have four ugly holes on the front grill. I made this mistake and have to plug the hole (see picture).

14. Do not allow dealer send someone to the port to pick up and drive your car back to the dealer. This was offered to me and I said NO! I want it ship to dealer via a flatbed truck or car carrier.

15. Enjoy your beautiful S5 and last but not least, POST THE PICTURES :-).
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2014, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDawg
Will have my 2014 A6 delivered to my home this weekend. Dealer is 4 hours away. Anything added I need to know/do since I wont see my salesman face to face? I assume the included trials will be activated before they load it and Im sure the driver wont know much. Will they have the car covered during transport?? Thanks..
Audi covers their cars with some kind of material during transport but that will be removed before they send the car to you. Don't assume the dealer will have set up your Audi Connect and Sirius audio and traffic - call and ask them before they depart to your home (be sure they include the sim card). Also, while it's pretty rare, make sure they don't miss removing the transport suspension blocks. Check the car over carefully, inside and out, before the transport driver leaves your home for any cosmetic irregularities and have him note on the invoice anything you find.
Good luck!