Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

New here and New A6 Prestige owner w. detailingpics

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI
Yeah please do. My tint guy is awesome and has tinted 7 or so cars for me now so I don't think he's fooling me he said I was the first to notice the "hazy look" he does ultra high end cars. When I was getting the mini done he had a Lamborghini adventadore in and when I was getting the a6 done he had a r8 v10 spyder sitting in the garage. His work is amazing

I really do regret getting color stable. Who cares what it looks from the outside I'm the one looking out.
I dropped my car off for detail, tint and clearbra last Thursday morning and picked up the finished car on Monday. I have to say that the work they did was top notch. I'm very pleased with the results on all 3 items that were done.

The 3M Color Stable film on my car looks great. I have zero hazing, discoloration or oddities of any sort. Maybe it is because they had my car over the weekend which meant it cured for roughly 4 days before I got it back. Either way, the tint looks perfect and is exactly as expected.

Does your installer agree that it looks off? If they do, then hopefully they would be willing to re-apply the film. Given it has been over a week since you had yours applied, all of the moisture, bubbles, etc. should be cleared up by now.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NW Dave
I dropped my car off for detail, tint and clearbra last Thursday morning and picked up the finished car on Monday. I have to say that the work they did was top notch. I'm very pleased with the results on all 3 items that were done.

The 3M Color Stable film on my car looks great. I have zero hazing, discoloration or oddities of any sort. Maybe it is because they had my car over the weekend which meant it cured for roughly 4 days before I got it back. Either way, the tint looks perfect and is exactly as expected.

Does your installer agree that it looks off? If they do, then hopefully they would be willing to re-apply the film. Given it has been over a week since you had yours applied, all of the moisture, bubbles, etc. should be cleared up by now.
Thanks for the update. Ughhh. That's not what I wanted to hear. It's been exactly a month and it looks identical. I'll take a pic and see if you see the same thing. It's even on all the windows that's why I feel he's not bsing me. I haven't had a chance to take it back for the owner to see, his employees saw it and they say it's normal hes willing to rip it all off and re do with the lower end film I'm used to
Old 10-31-2011, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

What percent tint is "normal?" I live in South Florida and want the 3M non metallic tint but would like to avoid the "limo" look. 35% tint sounds dark to me, but I'm a newbie when it comes to tint. Thanks in advanced. In case it matters, Ibis White over black.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Limo tint is 5% I believe so 35% is quite a lot lighter than that. I too was worried about a black car with black interior showing up as "too dark" with the wrong tint. I went with 35% based on another car I saw at the detailer's shop when I dropped my car off. I realize this is very subjective but to me, 35% seemed just right. If this were anything but a black car, I would probably even go to 30%.

BTW - for what it is worth, 35% appears quite a bit lighter than the darkly tinted rear passenger and rear windows of SUVs. Those I believe are 15% or so and definitely too dark for my tastes.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Terrific, appreciate the feedback and will probably go into the shop with 35% on my brain. There is only one tint place nearby that offers the 3M products, so I'm going to try them out. Hopefully there will be samples to view prior to having my car done. I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't realize that the percentage quoted is the about amount of light that is transmitted, not blocked-that helps a lot. Thanks for the clarification.