Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

No PDF owner's manual? In the 21st century?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 07:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Kandyman
To get the sales brochure in PDF,
1. go to the interactive brochure page (http://brochures.audiusa.com/brochur...012/index.html)
2. Select the Print button at the top of the page. This brings up a Print tab in the browser.
3. On the Print tab, click the Preview Brochure red button in Section 2 at the bottom. This will bring up the PDF brochure in a new browser tab.

Note that if you have popups disabled, you will need to enable it (temporarily) and repeat steps 2 and 3.
I believe this is the same brochure you get at a dealership. It is certainly not the manual.
Direct URL:
http://brochures.audiusa.com/brochur...l_brochure.pdf
Old 10-14-2015, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guy's, I know I am a few years late, but I ran into the same dilemma until a few minutes ago. As it turns out we all have access to a state of the art (flash) Owners Manual. The way to access it is to do the following:

1) If you don't have an account already, sign up and register your Audi at https://my.audi.com.
2) Once you have your car registered, click on the Service icon.
3) Scroll down and select the Owner's Literature tab.
4) You will see a link for Audi Online Manuals.
5) Click the Open Manual link. This will open another tab that will give you the option to select which manual you wan to open.
6) Select the Owner's Manual and a new tab will open that will allow you to brows the Owner's Manual.

I know it's a flash website, but it does have features to print certain pages if you'd like.

I just ordered a replacement manual and I am trying to cancel it since I just found out about this! Grrr...

Anyway's, thought i'd share this news with ya'll.

-H
Old 10-14-2015, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by H-man
Guy's, I know I am a few years late, but I ran into the same dilemma until a few minutes ago. As it turns out we all have access to a state of the art (flash) Owners Manual. The way to access it is to do the following:

1) If you don't have an account already, sign up and register your Audi at https://my.audi.com.
2) Once you have your car registered, click on the Service icon.
3) Scroll down and select the Owner's Literature tab.
4) You will see a link for Audi Online Manuals.
5) Click the Open Manual link. This will open another tab that will give you the option to select which manual you wan to open.
6) Select the Owner's Manual and a new tab will open that will allow you to brows the Owner's Manual.

I know it's a flash website, but it does have features to print certain pages if you'd like.

I just ordered a replacement manual and I am trying to cancel it since I just found out about this! Grrr...

Anyway's, thought i'd share this news with ya'll.

-H
Note that this is the UK version of the myAudi website.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Note that this is the UK version of the myAudi website.
Should not be. What are you referring to specifically. This site should be accessible to anyone in the US and they should be able to add their vehicles to this site with no problem.

-H
Old 10-14-2015, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

When I clicked your link it took me to the UK version of the site which runs parallel to the US version - sign in credentials work the same for both. The US site in my case, does not show the Service area as shown on the UK site. If you are on the UK site, the URL will have "GB" in it instead of "US".

Try to add a "Service Partner" and you will see what I mean. It shows km instead of mi and the photo has a UK license plate. You also can't add a US dealer on the UK site.

Last edited by snagitseven; 10-14-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

When I clicked your link it took me to the UK version of the site which runs parallel to the US version - sign in credentials work the same for both. The US site in my case, does not show the Service area as shown on the UK site. If you are on the UK site, the URL will have "GB" in it instead of "US".

Try to add a "Service Partner" and you will see what I mean. It shows km instead of mi and the photo has a UK license plate. You also can't add a US dealer on the UK site.
I see...I checked my link and here it is: https://myaudi.audi.com/group/en/gb/ownersliterature, I see the GB in the address. It may be a better idea to go through the following site for US owners:
myAudi | Audi USA

I noticed that the website has been having some issues today so this may explain the weird links, but i've been using the site here in Cali no problem accessing the Owner's Manual.

Try the second link and see if it works.

-H
Old 10-14-2015, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That second link for me doesn't even have a place to log in. Audi's online software has always been a pain IMO. In any case, I don't see on the US site manual access as found on the GB site, at least when I go to my US Audi site that does let me log in.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

That second link for me doesn't even have a place to log in. Audi's online software has always been a pain IMO. In any case, I don't see on the US site manual access as found on the GB site, at least when I go to my US Audi site that does let me log in.
Okkkk, now I see the issue. Like you said the US link does not have the service icon, but the UK one does. So to get around it you can us the UK site instead to access the manual. I verified and I am still able to do so. Looks like they had some issue yesterday that redirected me to the GB site instead of the US one.

Use this site:https://my.audi.com/content/gb/myaudi/en/home.html

Not this one: https://my.audi.com/content/us/myaudi/en/home.html

Such a PITA! Hope this helps.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI last week I used the audiusa.com chat line to inquire about where I could get a new set of owner's manuals, and they pointed me to:

https://www.audi.techliterature.com/consumer/

I also took the opportunity to complain about the lack of an electronic/PDF version of the manuals, and got the following response:

10/9/2015 6:13:21 AM Alexandra G.: Okay I have verified we do not have one available at this time, but are working on making one in the near future. I do not have a timeline as to when that will be.
10/9/2015 6:13:58 AM Alexandra G.: At this time we recommend ordering the hard copy. Again we apologize for the inconvenience.

I'm not holding my breath, but at least it's on their radar supposedly...
Old 10-16-2015, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

The UK is screwed up. They measure in miles, they sell gas by the litre, measure economy by litres per 100 km's and translations use Imperial gallons.
There is no hope

Quick Reply: No PDF owner's manual? In the 21st century?