Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

No Side Assist

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Side Assist

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy my first Audi which is a 2012 Prestige (with LED lights, 19" Sports and Cold Weather) but it does not have Side Assist option. Without this option, I wont get:
  • Blind Spot detection - don't care that much
  • Power folding - nice to have
  • Pre Sense rear - not sure if it gives much saftey (rather want pre sense plus)

I definitely want memory for the side mirrors since my wife and I have different seat positions, and I hate to have to adjust everything if she has driven the car before me. Based on the Order Guide, mirror memory is part of the base package, correct?

Will I be missing Side Assist?
Old 10-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dukeland
Hi guys,

I am looking to buy my first Audi which is a 2012 Prestige (with LED lights, 19" Sports and Cold Weather) but it does not have Side Assist option. Without this option, I wont get:
  • Pre Sense rear - not sure if it gives much saftey (rather want pre sense plus)

I definitely want memory for the side mirrors since my wife and I have different seat positions, and I hate to have to adjust everything if she has driven the car before me. Based on the Order Guide, mirror memory is part of the base package, correct?

If you never had Side Assist you won't miss that much.

If I am not wrong Prestige will come with memory seat as standard feature. Can experts confirm this?
Old 10-18-2012, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dukeland
Hi guys,

Mirror Memory Base package? Yes I believe so but you'll need to check this out with cars at the dealer.

Miss Side Assist? yes I believe you would. The Power folding feature specifically. The Blind Spot, I like it and would miss it, but for me it is a supplemental system. One of the things I like about the C7 A6 is the visibility from the drivers seat.

Note about the Blind Spot: It is a supplemental system, not a replacement for you.

EDIT: Aren't Memory Seats standard with all trim levels? It definitely comes on the Prestige

Last edited by manishaudi; 10-18-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

I agree with Scotch that if you've never had side-assist, you won't miss it. But I got to say, it's been a surprisingly useful and functional feature for me. I've only had my A6 for a month and I already miss it when I get into the wife's MDX.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fender4645
I agree with Scotch that if you've never had side-assist, you won't miss it. But I got to say, it's been a surprisingly useful and functional feature for me. I've only had my A6 for a month and I already miss it when I get into the wife's MDX.
I've never had one before and now I am loving the side assist.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I love the side assist and I'd miss it. In previous cars, I always attached a small blind spot mirror on the drivers side. With the A6, I don't need the blind spot mirror.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Its worth the add on.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fender4645
I guess we will have the similar car line up.

A6 and MDX. I test drove one with side assist and I really like that feature. Makes it more easy for you to change lane on Interstate.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Scotch A6
I guess we will have the similar car line up.

A6 and MDX. I test drove one with side assist and I really like that feature. Makes it more easy for you to change lane on Interstate.
Add me to the A6/MDX owners club. Of all the secondary safety options I think side assist is the most useful. The folding mirrors are an added bonus.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Good to see there are some X'ers here. One of my biggest regrets is not getting the Advanced package (we just got Tech and Entertainment). Again, had I known how useful the side-assist would be, would have got it in a heartbeat .

Quick Reply: No Side Assist