Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Non dealer source for lower pass side grill

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Non dealer source for lower pass side grill

So, thanks to someone that I hope Karma will pay a visit to, my car is sporting a chipped tooth (unsecured objects fell out of truck being driven by idiot who must have thought he was in the baja 1000)

Thankfully it's nothing major. The pass side lower grill took a hit and it only broke off the little bit of plastic that extends passed the opening. Problem is, I can't find a source aside from the dealer. I can find ones that are for the Premium/+ or the ones with ACC, just not the ones I have.

So does anyone have a source for these. Normally I don't scoff at parts prices, but the dealer wants $190 for that piece of plastic and that I'm having a hard time with.

This isn't my car, but it's the right colors and has the right lower grill.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I didn't have much luck on eBay. Most of the prestige/S line grills had the ACC openings. Maybe the guy who posted the "Car transformed" thread has a pair of non ACC grills left over.

Here's a pair that should work if you want to change both grills and sell your old set to someone looking for a drivers side unit.
Genuine Audi A6 C7 Typ 4G Front Side Bumper Lower Mesh Aluminium Grill s Line | eBay
Old 02-17-2016, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Try this:

2012 Audi A6 Quattro Parts - genuinevwaudiparts.com
Old 02-17-2016, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Tenspeed - thank I might check him out. I had the same luck with E-bay/Amazon and several other parts sites I checked. Seems S-line grills are really good at hiding.

Snagit - Thank you too. I used to have this site bookmarked and lost it some how. Couldn't remember the damn name of it either. $133 still sucks, but it beats $190 any day of the week.

Flipped 126k on the Odo on the way into work today. Car just keeps running like a top.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Thinking out side of the box - break off a similar piece on the other side so they match

You could ask the eBay vendors that are parting out A6's if they have a grill. Search using common items such as calipers, headlights, mirrors, tail lights, etc.. Some show pictures of the donor car.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Calimus
Snagit - Thank you too. I used to have this site bookmarked and lost it some how. Couldn't remember the damn name of it either. $133 still sucks, but it beats $190 any day of the week.
FYI, you can find the AW vendors on the Vender Directory link at the top of any page on the red bar. At least yu know it will be a true OEM part from them.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Snagit, I hadn't ever noticed that link up there.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

... $133 still sucks, but it beats $190 any day of the week.
Just a personal view because I've seen so many posts on complaints of Audi parts costs. Maybe it's just the business side of my education but I wanted to throw this out there for understanding. Not saying right or wrong... just "Food for thought".

Us Audi A6-C7 owners own cars valued at 60k - 73K-ish. Some of us are fortunate enough to buy new... others of us are lucky to find used at more affordable price.
Regardless of our budget.... We made a decision to buy an Audi... not a toyota or General Motors car that has lesser priced parts and service.

I like to save as much as the next guy... but I definitely do not expect to pay General Motors parts prices for parts on an Audi. I could have bought a Chevy Impala... but chose an Audi.

But I guess being wealthy means being able to keep our money rather than letting it go so easily... so my respects to those who can drill-down to find rock-bottom pricing.

My point... we get what we pay for, and if we're lucky enough to find considerable cost savings.... I hope we find the kindness to share with rest of the community. As much as the consumer side of me wants cheapest prices... the business side of me can't reconcile paying $100-ish for a prominent piece on a $70K priced car.

Nobody Panic!!! just a personal opinion. I'm probably just wrong.
Regardless... good luck and wishing you all best price finds.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing I usually do when wanting to order official parts and get a little bit of a discount...is to buy from an out of state Audi dealer. Since they are out of state, I don't have to pay sales tax, and the shipping cost is usually pretty low as well.

So, thanks to someone that I hope Karma will pay a visit to, my car is sporting a chipped tooth (unsecured objects fell out of truck being driven by idiot who must have thought he was in the baja 1000)

Thankfully it's nothing major. The pass side lower grill took a hit and it only broke off the little bit of plastic that extends passed the opening. Problem is, I can't find a source aside from the dealer. I can find ones that are for the Premium/+ or the ones with ACC, just not the ones I have.

So does anyone have a source for these. Normally I don't scoff at parts prices, but the dealer wants $190 for that piece of plastic and that I'm having a hard time with.

This isn't my car, but it's the right colors and has the right lower grill.

Originally Posted by snagitseven
FYI, you can find the AW vendors on the Vender Directory link at the top of any page on the red bar. At least yu know it will be a true OEM part from them.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

IknowHuhA6 - I understand what you are saying and if it was an engine part or the brakes that I replaced a few months ago or the oil change I perform every 3 months, I wouldn't and don't complain.

However, when a piece of plastic costs more than that same oil change x2 and some of the brake components, yea I get a little stingy with the wallet. I have no problem admitting that.

Quick Reply: Non dealer source for lower pass side grill