Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Now I Am Beginning To Rethink This

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I drive a 2010 A6 Premium Plus and have found the seat's lower cushion too short for my 34" legs (I am 6'3") and the brake and gas pedals way too close. When maneuvering in tight quarters I sometimes hit the brakes with my right foot and (especially when wearing sneakers) hit the gas and the car jumps forward a bit - dangerous. My shoe size is 12.
I took a buddy's 2013 A6 Premium Plus for a ride the other day and noticed the same two problems (for my frame they are problems). The last car I had with seat cushions long enough for my legs was a '95 Mazda Protege I ahd bought as a third family vehicle. Truly, that little car had big comfortable front seats.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

After 3K miles with my A6, I thought I'd add my own observations on the list, keeping in mind this is a 2013 and that some things may have been improved or tweaked in the second year.

1) Seats not comfortable
- Compared to my 09 A4, the seats are very comfortable; I think the Prestige seats are superior to the standard A6 seats with the perforated surfaces and additional bolstering
2) Leather seats not wearing well
- No issues with the Prestige seats as of yet
3) Transmission is herky-jerky
- Like all the tiptronics I've owned, they can get a bit confused under certain circumstances; that said, the A6 has exhibitied less of that than my previous Audis; the 8 speed is very smooth
4) People hear a grinding noise
- Not me
5) People report air leaks when driving on the freeway
- Not me
6) Brakes are soft
- Compared to my A4, they require a bit more pressure but I've long since adjusted to the difference; stopping is confident with no fade observed
7) Gas pedal and brake pad are too close to each other
- Not an issue for me; we'll see in the winter when wearing boots
8) Some people having problem with the navigation system
- I had to reset the MMI a couple of times the first week after delivery but no issues since; there are some improvements that could be made to the operation of the system but that requires a separate thread of its own
9) Some complain about the sound system being inferior
- I have the B&O and the sound is great (maybe not $5500 worth but hey, I splurged); I do wish there was a bit more bass at low volumes as in my A4 B&O system but the clarity and transparency is terrific.

All in all, so far at least, this is by far the best Audi I've had in my garage and possibly the best all around automobile of the 35 or so I've owned in my lifetime. A real keeper.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by palermo22
My plan all along was to buy a 2013 A6 - probably the 2.0 with the 8 speed transmission + quattro. So, naturally, I have been following many of the threads on here for the past six months. I know this is a small sample and with any blog or review - most people only post their problems and don't post when things are going good. But it seems to me that the longer people drive their 2012 A6 the more problems that are popping up. I am doing this from memory but these are some of the things I have read about in the past few months:

1) Seats not comfortable
2) Leather seats not wearing well
3) Transmission is herky-jerky
4) People here a grinding noise
5) People report air leaks when driving on the freeway
6) Brakes are soft
7) Gas pedal and brake pad are too close to each other
8) Some people having problem with the navigation system
9) Some complain about the sound system being inferior

Some of these items are minor and obviously some have not expereinced this - but it does make me wonder what of you will be complaining about after a few years. I guess I am taking a few steps back and will also look at other cars - one in particular that has my attention is the 2013 Lexus ES Hybrid.
1) seats comfortable but short on thigh support(very short)
2) leather feel & smell pretty good, will see about wear
3) tranny very smooth, confused at low speeds sometimes(hey, lots of gears to choose from the poor thing)
4) no grinding yet
5) no leaks
6) brakes are slightly mushy at slow speed but they bind nicely, no fade
7) my 2001 s8 was closer, size 13 shoes, no issue here
8) i'm having problems learning it
9) have base sound system, ok at best, i reckon bose would be fine, my 2010 s4 had b&o($850), was the best i've heard, don't know about 6k for car system, maybe for home
my car is 2012 3.0 p plus no option, excellent driving car overall