Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

OEM TIRES

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM TIRES

Is it true that there is no tread wear or road hazard warranty that will come with a new Audi? Is this common in the market today's?
Old 10-31-2015, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbfrei
Is it true that there is no tread wear or road hazard warranty that will come with a new Audi? Is this common in the market today's?
It depends where you live but you omitted the relevant info.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like Dbfrei said "depends where you live".

Check with Discount Tire they tried to sell me road hazard when I had the tires rotated. N TX.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

It all depends on the tire manufacturer's warranty since as stated in the Audi warranty booklet, they do not warranty the tires on a new car. Limited tire manufacturer tread wear coverage mght be included but rarely for road hazard damage by unless a separate insurance policy is purchased.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi gives road hazard warranty...

… on OEM replacements (have used the warrantee twice)

Eric
Old 10-31-2015, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by eric strauss
… on OEM replacements (have used the warrantee twice)

Eric
The OP asked about the tire warranty on a new car, not on replacements which any tire reseller can offer..
Old 10-31-2015, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Oh yes, I realized that...

… but when I had to replace the OEM tire, knowing future OEM's were covered was a deciding factor for me. Plus, the list of Audi OEM tires is pretty long - I had five choices for my RS5, four for the S4 :-)

By the way, the Audi OEM symbol is an AO molded into the sidewall

Eric
Old 11-01-2015, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 129 Posts

Not sure where OP is located but here in MI Discount Tire will "adopt" the tires on your new car and issue what they call a "Certificate" -- gives you free flat repair, rotation, balancing and pretty good road hazard coverage. www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoCertificate.do

I did this on my /15 A6 3.0T which is equipped with 19" Continental all season tires (sport package) and I think it cost me around $160. Well worth it IMHO.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by eric strauss
… but when I had to replace the OEM tire, knowing future OEM's were covered was a deciding factor for me. Plus, the list of Audi OEM tires is pretty long - I had five choices for my RS5, four for the S4 :-)
c
That's good info but again, it doesn't help answer the OP's question about the warranty on the tires already mounted on his new car.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default oops, thought that was obvious...

… in my experience with three flats from punctures on: a 2011 Q5, a 2012 A6 and then a 2014 S4 that included wheel damage - there was no claimed or supported warrantee on the OEM tires installed by the factory at the time of production..However, the replacements were covered. Sorry - I can't make it any clearer. Other people may have different experiences but that it mine. The first flat was in Massachusetts, the other two in California. Since then, three more flats from road damage and puncture have been covered - one the S4, two on the previous A6.

My assumption from reading the posts is that the non-coverage was already determined and that the OEM replacement info would be helpful in the decision tree of whether or not to continue with OEM tires. Because of the coverage, I decided to stick with an OEM replacement choice, however my aftermarket wheels are shod with non-OEM tires.

The roads are brutal here in SoCal. Previous to my arrival, I drove over 1 million miles with a total of two flats. Now in CA for five years and less that 100,000 miles of driving, I have had three flats. The ultra low profile tires don't help.

Eric

Last edited by eric strauss; 11-01-2015 at 09:53 AM.

Quick Reply: OEM TIRES