Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

online destinations - audi connect

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default online destinations - audi connect

Hi,

Does anyone use the online destinations feature to send addresses to the car from google? I have used this a few times, and every single time, the car asks for an 8 digit PIN before I can retrieve them. By the time I find the PIN and type it in, I might as well just enter the address myself!

Have others needed to repeatedly enter the PIN?
Old 08-24-2012, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikem33
Hi,

Does anyone use the online destinations feature to send addresses to the car from google? I have used this a few times, and every single time, the car asks for an 8 digit PIN before I can retrieve them. By the time I find the PIN and type it in, I might as well just enter the address myself!

Nope, I haven't run into that problem.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikem33
yup, do you keep removing your sim or something?

I don't use it much, but I've only done it twice. I think I removed the Sim card in between.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used it 3 or 4 times, never had to re-enter the pin. That being said next month when my trial expires I will be putting in my Tru Sim, I will let you know if I have that issue then
Old 08-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What is a Tru Sim? I just have the sim card they gave me when I purchased the car. Should I expect to be getting one?
Old 08-25-2012, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

I use it as well... And generally I do not have to re-enter the pin, however it did ask me to re-enter it once (so I've had to enter it once initially, and one other time). I've probably used online destinations at least a dozen times, and all other times It works as expected.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Audi
What is a Tru Sim? I just have the sim card they gave me when I purchased the car. Should I expect to be getting one?
Read this:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2818216
Old 08-25-2012, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the Audi dataplan and do not remove the SIM at all. Looks like I should mention this to the dealer when my first service comes around....
Old 08-26-2012, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

You know, it must be something else. I actually removed my sim for two days, then when I plugged it back in it never asked for the pin when I went to my Audi Destinations. I'm thinking resetting your MMI with the 3 buttons might be the reason?
Old 08-27-2012, 02:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

3 finger reset won't sort anything. The car should remember that you've used the Sim/phone before. I still get this problem ocassionally, but keep the pin stored in my phone in a note just in case.

I've been trying to get the full functionality working for over 2 years now and even Audi UK Customer service have stopped responding to my request for a status update. It's actually got worse recently where you can input a destination from Google Maps and that car takes you somewhere different.

Guess I need to start complaining higher before I order a MY2014 replacement :-)

Quick Reply: online destinations - audi connect