Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Order a 2013 A6 w/ or w/o Innovation pkg?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order a 2013 A6 w/ or w/o Innovation pkg?

I previously had a 2012 A6 Prestige on order w/o innovation pkg but included driver assist and LED headlights (delivery date of mid June). I just canceled my 2012 order and will replace it with a 2013 A6 Prestige model but on the fence with my selection of options.

I still don't think I need the HUD and night vision (original reason why I didn't opt for it) but the innovation pkg now includes a top view 360 camera system which sounds very interesting. Any opinions and/or advice?

I'm leaning towards below:
2013 A6 Prestige
Moonlight Blue
Nougat Brown
Innovation Pkg?
20" Sport Pkg
LED Headlights
Power rear sunshade
Power trunk
Ash Inlay
Black headliner
Old 05-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was in a similar position with an A7. Was going to get the Premium Plus with Driver's Assistance. But the 360 camera ended up pushing me to the Prestige with Innovation. I have a very tight two car garage and the 360 camera would be help me quite a bit. The HUD I could probably do without but I tested it and I think it's more useful than I imagined, especially the NAV directions. I don't think I'll have much use for the night vision. And the prestige ends up getting me the other goodies, like ventilated seats and Bose sound system.

My wife actually pretty well : If you going to spend $65K on a car anyway, you might as well pay another $5K and get everything it has to offer. And remember you'll probably get $2K of that back when you sell the car in 5 to 8 years.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

I still got it, I wanted everything except the night vision, which I think will be of marginal utility. My dealer gave me both the Innovation package and LED headlights for no extra price, so if you can work some sort of deal like that, you're golden. Might as well get it.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

In my experience (and I'm talking about me here, YMMV), I tend to use all the "bells and whistles" for about 3 months, after which time (depending on how useful said bells and whistles are) I stop using some of them (the novelty wears off). I find it hard to predict which features will "stick" and which ones won't. If you order and option and don't end up using it, you'll be kicking yourself for having done so (depending upon how meaningful the extra $5k is to you), and if you don't order said option, you'll likely never miss it, because you'll never have had it and won't know what you're missing.

When it comes to re-sale values, again based on my observation . . . YMMV, prices for used vehicles tend to converge with little regard for option packages. Meaning, cars don't depreciate "equivalently" -- just because your A6 cost $65k and your neighbor's cost $62k doesn't mean that your cars will both be worth 52% of purchase price x years from now. The one exception to this rule can sometimes be performance packages or options that end up being highly desirable or rare after the fact, and people are willing to pay more for them in the used marketplace.

At the end of the day, if you can afford it and you're sitting on the fence about it, check the box and get it. If not, on a car as great as the A6, I doubt you'll miss it.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

We got it. We figured were were already in for so much money w/ the prestige package (only way we could get lumbar seats on the passenger side), that it would be stupid to cheap out on the innovation package.

I'm glad we got it. We wanted the full LED lights. I absolutely love the heads up display. The person detector I haven't gotten to use yet, but it's nice to know that it's there. And the adaptive cruise control...I don't think I can ever go back (though admittedly, this is on another package, as well).

Was it worth 6 grand? No. But I didn't want to spend 50 some odd thousand on a car in the first place, so what's another couple thousand for cool features at that point.