Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Paint Treatment

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoinAudiMyMind
Rip off. One question though, how did the Finance guy try to "make" you buy this?
I wonder if this is part of the strategy... when I bought my 2012, the finance guy was the one who presented the dealer "packs". He was fairly pushy, even making an insulting remark about whether I cared enough about my new car to buy whatever. I glared at him, and told him to back off, and he did. This was the only blip in what otherwise was an almost perfect buying experience.

My other pet peeve is sales people who focus on what is wrong with the competitors rather that what is right with their product. I walk out on them. Fortunately, that seems pretty rare in this class of car, I only had one BMW dealer try that trick, and I left immediately and found another dealer.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Whenever I'm turned over to the business manager, when they start their pitch, I hold my hand up and say "let me stop you here and save you some time. I'm aware of all the options and aside from Audi Care which I will consider before my 15K service, I never buy any of the add-ons so let's move on. Thanks, anyway". We then proceed to complete the paperwork and I'm outta there.

As to selling what the other guys don't have vs. selling what you have is one of the biggest turn offs for most customers. Why salespeople who use this method don't realize this will work against them, is beyond me - it's basic sales 101. Nothing gets the hair on the back of my neck to stand up faster than this approach, even if what they're saying has some truth to it. I prefer to do my own competitive research and analysis.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GoinAudiMyMind
Rip off. One question though, how did the Finance guy try to "make" you buy this?
Maybe "make" is the wrong verb but he had a very high pressure sales pitch. At one point he said something to the effect of "...so you just spent all this money on this car and you don't care enough about it to spend this amount more?..."
There must have been 6 or 7 packages where each contained a number of items...this fancy clearcoat, dent removal, id numbers, etc and the number of items in each diminished down to just a few.
Then he pulled out another sheet which had each of these listed separately and went through the same spill again.
Finally I had to sign something saying that I declined all of these options.
None were available after I left the dealer that day.

I consider that pretty high pressure.

Here's another good one for you that the sales guy & manager pulled on me at the last negotiation step of the price....
"We'll give you the price you're looking for if you agree to give us all 10's on the Audi Satisfaction Survey...."
Wait till they see what they really get if it comes.....
Old 09-19-2012, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Are you sure you didn't buy the car from an independent used car lot? Sure sounds like it. I would tell them to take their request for my decline signature and put it where the sun don't shine. And this was a dealer in Boulder? I would think the average consumer in that town wouldn't stand for that kind of crap.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Cary, NC
Old 09-19-2012, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jmgard58
Maybe "make" is the wrong verb but he had a very high pressure sales pitch. At one point he said something to the effect of "...so you just spent all this money on this car and you don't care enough about it to spend this amount more?..."
There must have been 6 or 7 packages where each contained a number of items...this fancy clearcoat, dent removal, id numbers, etc and the number of items in each diminished down to just a few.
Then he pulled out another sheet which had each of these listed separately and went through the same spill again.
Finally I had to sign something saying that I declined all of these options.
None were available after I left the dealer that day.

I consider that pretty high pressure.

Here's another good one for you that the sales guy & manager pulled on me at the last negotiation step of the price....
"We'll give you the price you're looking for if you agree to give us all 10's on the Audi Satisfaction Survey...."
Wait till they see what they really get if it comes.....
That sounds like the same sheet that the finance manager tried to take me thorugh, and the words also sound familiar. As I said, he backed off when I asked.

They definitely were lobbying for the straight 10's on the survey (nothing conditional, I would not have agreed to that - something very wrong with that idea). In my case, they were trying very hard to ensure that I was very satisfied. It was more along the lines of "If you would can not rate us straight 10's, then please let us know what we can do to completely satisfy you"... which I took very well actually.

The survey will come...
Old 09-20-2012, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Anybody have a list of what they will try and push on you??

I know about the stuff mentioned here, and things like the undercoating for the car, treatment of the interior etc.

But what about the Audi Care (worth it) as I was "informed" by my salesmen that everything was covered except tires and wiper blades for the first 40K miles or 4 years.

What in your opinion are the options that truely are worth it.

I'm like most of you guys, I don't want to spend hours listening to their BS, if I know what I want and don't want. I'd prefer to just tell them... before you start.. I want this, this, and this, and the rest not-interested.

Thanks guys (2-3 weeks and counting for my delivery)
Old 09-20-2012, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rush2112
But what about the Audi Care (worth it) as I was "informed" by my salesmen that everything was covered except tires and wiper blades for the first 40K miles or 4 years.

What in your opinion are the options that truely are worth it.
Most people get Audi Care. If you are going to have the dealer perform oil changes, you pay less.

Since my closest dealer is an hour away, I am going to decline. Typically my cars never see the dealer unless there is warranty work or recalls.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

I accepted the Audi Care. As I tend to keep cars in excess of 10 years, I like to have the early service performed by Audi. The audit trail of my service will all be available wherever I go, and Im confident it will be done right. It does give you savings if you plan on doing service with Audi for those first 4 years.

I felt everything else was dealer profit packs, you may feel differently however.

My dealer is also an hour away, but they do offer valet service which makes it pretty easy for me.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Keep in mind that Audi Care does not have to be purchased at delivery - it can be purchased up to the 15K mile service (although the price usually goes up a bit each year).

Quick Reply: Paint Treatment