Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Passenger Seat Lumbar? (Probably stupid question, sorry)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Seat Lumbar? (Probably stupid question, sorry)

Before I ask the dealer about it not working, I wanted to confirm that the passenger seat does have the same 4-way lumbar as my driver's seat.

For one of the few times since I've owned this car, I was riding in the passenger seat during some holiday travel. I tried to adjust the lumbar, and nothing felt like it was happening in the seat. It has the same 4-way d-pad as controls the lumbar controls for the driver's seat, so I am guessing it is supposed to have it. I am guessing that when they replaced the PODS sensor in the passenger seat that something didn't get reconnected properly if it is indeed supposed to have adjustable lumbar.

Thank you!
(2012 A6 Prestige, Heated/Ventilated front seats)
Old 01-03-2017, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ursur
Before I ask the dealer about it not working, I wanted to confirm that the passenger seat does have the same 4-way lumbar as my driver's seat.

For one of the few times since I've owned this car, I was riding in the passenger seat during some holiday travel. I tried to adjust the lumbar, and nothing felt like it was happening in the seat. It has the same 4-way d-pad as controls the lumbar controls for the driver's seat, so I am guessing it is supposed to have it. I am guessing that when they replaced the PODS sensor in the passenger seat that something didn't get reconnected properly if it is indeed supposed to have adjustable lumbar.

Thank you!
(2012 A6 Prestige, Heated/Ventilated front seats)
If the control is there, and I see you have a Prestige, then indeed it should be there and should work. You should be able to hear the motors make the adjustments when the car is not running. You might want to check the fuse before anything else. It's in the trunk. It's on fuse panel C, position 10. Picture attached. The fuse position is marked in blue.

FWIW my mother's maiden name was Durham...I'm pretty sure that name goes back a long way.

Last edited by Nakedhoof; 01-03-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nakedhoof
If the control is there, and I see you have a Prestige, then indeed it should be there and should work. You should be able to hear the motors make the adjustments when the car is not running. You might want to check the fuse before anything else. It's in the trunk. It's on fuse panel C, position 10. Picture attached. The fuse position is marked in blue.

FWIW my mother's maiden name was Durham...I'm pretty sure that name goes back a long way.
Thanks, I'll look at that fuse. It's a CPO under warranty still so I'm sure the dealership will deal with it if it's not the fuse, I just didn't want to sound like an idiot if only the driver's side had power lumbar.