Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Premature leather wear

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premature leather wear

I am at 430 miles and my leather looks like crap on the drivers side. My old 5 series had 50k miles and the leather was barely worn. My parents S550 with 35k miles has no wear....not acceptable for a brand new $50k car!

What do you guys think? Its getting worse day by day and the car has only been driven 5 times total. I just got it 2 weeks ago! Its always garaged, never out in the sun.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54027258@N07/7170763581/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54027258@N07/7170764441/
How is your leather wearing? Does this look normal?
Old 06-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not acceptable. Go to your dealer and good luck.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by vinrun
Not acceptable. Go to your dealer and good luck.
Thanks for the reply. Should I go to the dealer I bought the car from? Reason I ask is because my sales guy was fired last week so I have no connect at the dealer.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just found out the C6 and C7's "leather" seats are 60% vinyl. That would have been okay if I had bought a Acura, my Acura has the same thing, but I bought a Audi.....very disappointed with this information.

Vinyl wears really fast, I have vinyl on the sides in my TL and they look like absolute crap at 32k miles, being the interior color is also white.

What A6 has full leather? Seems like the A6 Prestige even has this "vinyl" leather, does the A8 have leather LOL?
Old 06-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
I just found out the C6 and C7's "leather" seats are 60% vinyl. That would have been okay if I had bought a Acura, my Acura has the same thing, but I bought a Audi.....very disappointed with this information.

Vinyl wears really fast, I have vinyl on the sides in my TL and they look like absolute crap at 32k miles, being the interior color is also white.

What A6 has full leather? Seems like the A6 Prestige even has this "vinyl" leather, does the A8 have leather LOL?
Don't go to sales, go to service and tell them this isn't right.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

All the seating surfaces should be leather including the problem sections in your photos. The sides and fronts of the seats are not. As stated above, take it to the service department. I had a similar issue on my A4 in 2009 and Audi had the dealer replace the leather surfaces using their upholstery contractor.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prestige has different seats but same are where OP shows wear is where we have vinyl seats. The majority of seating area is leather though
Old 06-10-2012, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Now I am seeing the same type of creasing and cracking on the front passenger seat.......had a passenger 3 times and passenger is under 120 pounds. I am thinking I got defective leather, I contacted my dealer and they will get back to me tomorrow.

I think I have a right to get these seats fixed under warranty....do you guys agree?
Old 06-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Now I am seeing the same type of creasing and cracking on the front passenger seat.......had a passenger 3 times and passenger is under 120 pounds. I am thinking I got defective leather, I contacted my dealer and they will get back to me tomorrow.

I think I have a right to get these seats fixed under warranty....do you guys agree?
I agree
Old 06-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Leather Seats

The dealer should take care of this under the warranty. Let us know how you make out.

Quick Reply: Premature leather wear