Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Premature leather wear

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i am at audi. This dealer is 120 mile away. Anyway they said its a design flaw from audi and they are contacting audi on monday. They said they will replace the covers but want to talk to audi. He agreed that this should not br happening. They also washes my car -_-.....cant even imagine the swirls.

Oh well. Luckily we had plans in edison anyways.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
So i am at audi. This dealer is 120 mile away. Anyway they said its a design flaw from audi and they are contacting audi on monday. They said they will replace the covers but want to talk to audi. He agreed that this should not br happening. They also washes my car -_-.....cant even imagine the swirls.

Oh well. Luckily we had plans in edison anyways.
Is that Edison, NJ? Let us know how you make out. I may have to bring mine in as well.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Guys is this normal after month? I noticed the deep crease from top of seat to bottom on first day of collecting the car but did not think too much about it. Since then more creases appeared. Never had this issue so soon with a bimmer or benz.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I've got an '12 loaner from my dealer with 11.5k miles on it...same issue.

Interesting that the previous posters and my loaner all have this issue with black interiors...anyone else have this problem with other color seats?

Bolsters on my '10 C6 with amaretto & black interior shows no such wear after 30k miles.

Last edited by audi40; 06-23-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audi dealer never called back, will be talking to them on Monday. At 11.5k miles that looks awful, Audi has to release some sort of solution, what kind of $50k car has seats like that at 11.5k miles? WOW
Old 06-23-2012, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone have any idea if this is just isolated to the standard vs the prestige seats? All the posted pics are from the standard leather seats. Its probably not the same but my A4 has the sports seats and it has a very little creasing by the bolster area with 56k miles and 3yrs worth of LA traffic use.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just found out the C6 and C7's "leather" seats are 60% vinyl. That would have been okay if I had bought a Acura, my Acura has the same thing, but I bought a Audi.....very disappointed with this information.

Vinyl wears really fast, I have vinyl on the sides in my TL and they look like absolute crap at 32k miles, being the interior color is also white.

What A6 has full leather? Seems like the A6 Prestige even has this "vinyl" leather, does the A8 have leather LOL?
60% vinyl? Are you sure? I think only the side bolsters are vinyl but the part you sit on is leather. MB and BMW have vinyl seats for base models of E-class and 5 series and genuine leather is an expensive option. If you want genuine leather all around there is Lexus.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lipslocked
60% vinyl? Are you sure? I think only the side bolsters are vinyl but the part you sit on is leather. MB and BMW have vinyl seats for base models of E-class and 5 series and genuine leather is an expensive option. If you want genuine leather all around there is Lexus.
The base models do have vinyl but they are clearly stated as having "Leatherette", Audi does not state "partial leather seats" its states the car having leather seats. And anyway, my A6 is not base its the premium plus model, if I had a base or premium A6 I would understand about the seats. Even if I had a base A6 leather wearing like that is not acceptable for such little mileage, it is also my understanding that leatherette actually fairs much better than genuine leather in terms of "wear and tear".

I had a BMW 5 series before and full leather came with the premium package which costs $2500, you can also get leather separately for $1450 without buying the premium package. $1850 gets you the tech package which has the parking senors, nav, rear cam. Add those two up its $4350, almost the same difference between a base premium audi and a premium plus audi, I think Audi should include full leather in all the premium plus cars, its not only the A6, the A7 has this same type of "partial leather".
Old 06-23-2012, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think the premium and premium plus seats are the same. Only the prestige has different seats and ventilation.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The base models do have vinyl but they are clearly stated as having "Leatherette", Audi does not state "partial leather seats" its states the car having leather seats. And anyway, my A6 is not base its the premium plus model, if I had a base or premium A6 I would understand about the seats. Even if I had a base A6 leather wearing like that is not acceptable for such little mileage, it is also my understanding that leatherette actually fairs much better than genuine leather in terms of "wear and tear".

I had a BMW 5 series before and full leather came with the premium package which costs $2500, you can also get leather separately for $1450 without buying the premium package. $1850 gets you the tech package which has the parking senors, nav, rear cam. Add those two up its $4350, almost the same difference between a base premium audi and a premium plus audi, I think Audi should include full leather in all the premium plus cars, its not only the A6, the A7 has this same type of "partial leather".
But is the part you actually sit on partial leather too or is it just the bolsters? The bolsters alone cannot be 60% of the surface.