Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Questions about new (to me) 2016 CPO A6

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 02:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about new (to me) 2016 CPO A6

I just purchased a 2016 CPO A6 3.0T P+ with pretty much every option including the Driver Assistance Package. I love the car but have two questions that I was hoping the collective wisdom here could answer (and yes, I read the manual!).
First, does the car have a Rear Cross Traffic Alert system when backing up? I ask because I have a 2017 Subaru Outback with Eyesight. When backing the Subaru the RCTA will chime if there are cars/pedestrians/etc approaching my path (not necessarily obstacles but potential obstacles). I haven't noticed this feature with my Audi although the parking sensors will alert me to close obstacles when I back up.

Second, I found a gray Sim card thing in my console and put it in the Sim card slot and now it seems to be stuck. I am not planning on using Audi Connect but what was the card and is there a simple way to remove it?

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-03-2018, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 924 Likes on 756 Posts

Congrats on the new car and welcome to the forum. The answer to your first question is no. I don’t know the answer to the second question.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bdhfreddy
I just purchased a 2016 CPO A6 3.0T P+ with pretty much every option including the Driver Assistance Package. I love the car but have two questions that I was hoping the collective wisdom here could answer (and yes, I read the manual!).
First, does the car have a Rear Cross Traffic Alert system when backing up? I ask because I have a 2017 Subaru Outback with Eyesight. When backing the Subaru the RCTA will chime if there are cars/pedestrians/etc approaching my path (not necessarily obstacles but potential obstacles). I haven't noticed this feature with my Audi although the parking sensors will alert me to close obstacles when I back up.

Second, I found a gray Sim card thing in my console and put it in the Sim card slot and now it seems to be stuck. I am not planning on using Audi Connect but what was the card and is there a simple way to remove it?

Thanks for your help!
I just bout a '16 CPO as well. The sim card was already in the slot and working, perhaps a complimentary 6 month subscription? I assume you tried to remove it by first pushing in like an SD card? Otherwise, I guess you have two choices, leave it in there- no harm, or try some needle-nose pliers. I'd just leave it in there.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bdhfreddy

Thanks for your help!
1. I am almost certain it doesn't have that feature
2. It is easy to put the SIM card into a space above or below the actual slot. I did that and the dealer pushed it in so it was out of the way. Too expensive to disassemble the console. There are some economical ways to do Audi Connect. Check out FreedomPop