Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Questions for Phantom Black owners...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI
Auto washes are swirl machines, stay away. Touchless is fine for winter months but you need to keep a good wax on the car. Since your a beginner then i strongly suggest coming over to the adams side. Everything is very user friendly and the products are phenomenal. Trust me ive used just about everything on the market and i was never satisfied with the results until i came across adams. Its not a gimmic and they have one of the best customer support teams i have ever run across. Also the forum is a wealth of knowledge. Start off by joining the forum, and watch these videos they cover everything from washing, to polishing to waxing your finish.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx

and the forum

www.adamsforum.com

Feel free to PM me to with any questions regarding washing. Black cars are very tricky to maintain properly, but it can be done with consistent results
Thanks buddy. Good advice...
Old 03-15-2012, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by organizedchaos
tenspeed, you need to go on Jeapordy, seriously. You always know everything about everything!
Thanks.

I did spend a career as an industrial mechanic, I was a qualified nuclear plant operator in the US Navy submarine force and I was a pit crew chief for a SCCA Pro Rally team.

I guess I've picked up a few things along the way.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

8 hp. . . .its sick. .
just love the fact that lambswool is the only thing touching my paint .
agreed on the wax. . . .dealer to home, wash and 1st wax. . . . will get around to it later, but will later strip the wax, apply a polish, wax and seal it. . .

any suggestions on interior products/techniques?
(I used to use Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner)
Old 03-15-2012, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsat1526
8 hp. . . .its sick. .
just love the fact that lambswool is the only thing touching my paint .
agreed on the wax. . . .dealer to home, wash and 1st wax. . . . will get around to it later, but will later strip the wax, apply a polish, wax and seal it. . .

any suggestions on interior products/techniques?
(I used to use Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner)
yup, i agree man. I think i would cry if anything happened to my Master Blaster. Its worth the money just to get the WTF IS THAT GUY DOING stares from the neighbors, the looks are priceless

Honestly if there is one area that adams shines(no pun intended)and wipes out the competition is their interior products. The carpet and upolstry cleaner works stupidly good, even without an extractor (the results with one is just amazing) i also love their leather cleaner and also theconditioner.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-18-in...-products.aspx

honestly theres not much i dont buy from adams anymore. I still use sonax full effect for the wheels since our brakes are so dusty. I also dont use their more aggressive polishes for one I know how to safely polish a car with heavy cut combound and two it just takes too long. I do however have an obsession with their fine machine polish.

For beginner machine polishers i strongly urge you to get their full line of polishes as you simply cannot do any harm to your paint unless you turn the polisher over and beat the paint with it
Old 03-15-2012, 11:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI
Ahh nice! which model did you get? the 8hp one? You will seriously love it

Also make sure you have a 20amp outlet as this thing requires juice, I kept tripping the 15 amp breaker.
I checked out the specs on the Master Blaster. It draws 18 amps. A 20 amp circuit is pushing it but it should be OK if nothing else is connected to it. It comes with a 12 foot cord so you may need a 12 gauge extension cord.

You could have a 30 amp outlet installed to eliminate the nuisance tripping.