Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Radio and song titles

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio and song titles

Is there a way to set the radio settings to show the artist and/or song title of the current song that is playing on the radio?
Old 04-13-2012, 03:05 AM
LIY
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dnebout
Is there a way to set the radio settings to show the artist and/or song title of the current song that is playing on the radio?
Assuming you mean Sirius Satellite radio, you can go to

Radio
Settings
Channel Info (if "off", set to "on")

Good luck!

LIY
Old 04-13-2012, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is also data available from FM stations if they have the service, can't remember what its called. Our radios will pick it up but few stations seem to have it enabled.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
There is also data available from FM stations if they have the service, can't remember what its called. Our radios will pick it up but few stations seem to have it enabled.
It's HD Radio..
Old 04-13-2012, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for all the responses. Got it for Sirius now, but not for FM. As an example here in the bay area 107.7 info shows up in my truck but can't get info on the Audi.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
Originally Posted by fr8tdog
It's HD Radio..
Actually it is called "RDS" or Radio Data System http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Data_System

I also had it on my e46 3 Series (2000)

It is how, before HD Radio, your car showed you the Station name instead of just the frequency. It also showed song name and station genre type. It was dependent on the station to actually use it, but from my experience most do.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes RDS. The term escaped me. Thanks for posting.
In short in the Bay Area 107.7 has RDS in my Ford P-up but not in the Audi. Anybody know why?
Old 04-15-2012, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default > radio and song titles

Originally Posted by dnebout
Hi, when you are listening to FM radio broadcasts and RDS is available you can select the soft option for "functions" (I think, from memory) then "info" for track title etc.. It's on the right hand side of the circular list of functions (next/ previous track etc.l) as long as the station is broadcasting it. You will find that some stations are better than others at keeping the titles current and displaying up to date info.

BSK
Old 04-16-2012, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by LIY
Assuming you mean Sirius Satellite radio, you can go to

Radio
Settings
Channel Info (if "off", set to "on")

Good luck!

LIY
But is there a way to show it on the small screen in the Dash? (I like driving with the screen down when I don't need it and especially at night, but would like to see that data).
Old 04-17-2012, 05:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Swancoat
But is there a way to show it on the small screen in the Dash? (I like driving with the screen down when I don't need it and especially at night, but would like to see that data).
This would be my wish - have not found a setting to do this and am assuming it is not available in the small screen. Need to navigate to Radio page on MMI, and then highlight the channel to see the song/artist.

Quick Reply: Radio and song titles