Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Recommended Northern New Jersey independent Shops

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 01:44 PM
fcd
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended Northern New Jersey independent Shops

Hello everyone,

My factory warranty is out and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a reputable independent shop that hopefully specializes in Audis. I'm located in Northern NJ, close to Paramus. My main concern is the amount of electronics in our cars and if these indy shops are equipped to handle the relatively newer Audi models. Have you had your cars serviced in these indy shops? I would appreciate any recommendations...

I may also need new rear brakes. Has anyone tried to have their pads changed in one of those chains like STS tires? They verbally said they can do it and are aware of the make and model of my car. I understand the rears are a little complicated as they need the electronic brake released. My dealership was quoting me 200 for labor including a "brake squeal kit." Unfortunately they wouldn't budge on the TSB (re: brake squeal). Not sure if this is reasonable price. I plan to supply the pads.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by fcd; 02-18-2016 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

AUTO REPAIRS + SERVICE Suffern, George Tirri, NYS Inspection Station, Complete Car Care,Tirri Motor Cars, State of the Art Equipment,HOME

I've never used him but when I had my 2004 A6 I used to go to Rapid in Monsey. That owner sold to Tirri. When I have to go I will use him.

Last edited by Bartenderfloyd; 02-21-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:50 PM
fcd
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartenderfloyd
AUTO REPAIRS + SERVICE Suffern, George Tirri, NYS Inspection Station, Complete Car Care,Tirri Motor Cars, State of the Art Equipment,HOME

I've never used him but when I had my 2004 A6 I used to go to Rapid in Monsey. That owner sold to Tirri. When I have to go I will use him.
Thanks for the recommendation Bartenderfloyd. Suffern isn't too far although still hoping if others can recommend some shops which are closer. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have any major issues with the car (and to everyone's cars) moving forward.

Re: my rear brakes, Just had them replaced and total cost was around $115 (parts, labor and tax included). Used Akebono Ceramics, so far so good. Hopefully there won't be any issues or error codes, as I didn't go to the dealer to have it done. Thanks again.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by fcd
I understand the rears are a little complicated as they need the electronic brake released. My dealership was quoting me 200 for labor including a "brake squeal kit." Unfortunately they wouldn't budge on the TSB (re: brake squeal). Not sure if this is reasonable price. I plan to supply the pads.
I usually avoid the dealerships in general but...
Figure a couple of hours to replace the rear pads. Shop time is over $90/hour where I live. I would let the dealer do it for peace of mind.