Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Redesign A6 ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I get more positive comments on our A6 than any other luxury car we have owned so I hope it's not a radical redesign. Don't fix what aint broke.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinDuMa
Changes are minor for 2018, probably won't expect a new model til 2019 as they are rolling out the new A5 and Q5 and A8 later this year. For 2018 the A6/A7 do receive a power bump though. See below

Audi Adds New Standard Features Across 2018 Lineup - Motor Trend
Kewl... thanks for the link, I hadn't been privy to that news. Appreciate the update.

Originally Posted by jjsC6
You guys do know that they are reporting on the 340 hp competition package that came out last fall on the 2017s, don't you? They are great at predicting the past.
LMAO. Nice!

Originally Posted by Oscar2
Is that power bump due to the upcoming switch to turbo? or will that still use the super-charger?

I'm going to be needing a new A6 in 2018 and I'm really hoping that the super-charger is still the engine at that time (I think the 3.0 TFSI engine is one of the best things about the car).
Ugh... good point. If the increased HP is due to the new 3.0 turbo plan, then I'm not very impressed. Turbo should provide much greater HP increase so they are definitely dialing back HP and regulating increase in power. Plus... I'm not a fan of turbos at all. Quite dislike them actually and am Supercharger fanatic. i love me my blower whine! Plus Turbos have historically been higher maintenance than a supercharger. Just my opinion based on my experiences. But Yes Turbos are more efficient where superchargers have more parasitic power loss.

Both Turbo and Supercharged systems have come a long way.. with great advancements. But I still love the unleashed instant power and supercharger scream over the slightly slower response of a turbo at bottom end RPM and turbo blow-off squeal. Stock vehicles have no audible differentiation to due baffling setups. = )
Old 06-22-2017, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
I get more positive comments on our A6 than any other luxury car we have owned so I hope it's not a radical redesign. Don't fix what aint broke.
Audi's styling is really getting big time stale. And I have an A7. I still like the A7 styling except the droopy butt. I'd like it more like the A5 Sportback. But if the A6 looks like I think it will I'm probably out. I retire in a couple of years and won't pay the A7 "tax" again.

I certainly would consider a new 6 anyway if they make a couple of substantial upgrades, which are probably Predictable. The Bose stereo has to go. I expect it will get the B&O like the new A4 and Q7. And I assume the supercharged six will become the new S4/5 engine.

But right now I'm leaning much more to the BMW 540.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 2018 A6??

Any idea when the 2018 A6 will be out? Also does the A6 have the Virtual Cockpit? I believe they don't and I hope they will add it for the 2018 model. I think Audi is neglecting the A6 and I am considering the BMW G30 5 series over the A6. Any comments to sway me towards the A6 are most welcome.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Consumer Reports ranks the BMW 5 series at #10 in the Luxury Midsize Group. The A6 is #3. That would be a good enough reason to "sway" me.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Audphile
Consumer Reports ranks the BMW 5 series at #10 in the Luxury Midsize Group. The A6 is #3. That would be a good enough reason to "sway" me.
Does the report include the G30 or the F10. I understand the F10s were not very good.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, they speak about both. Earlier this year Forbes did an article titled "11 Cars Owners Can't Wait to Get Rid of". The 5 series was #2 and the worst, #1, was the 3 series. The 4 series was #7.

This really surprised me, not the 3 series, but the 5 series did.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, they speak about both. Earlier this year Forbes did an article titled "11 Cars Owners Can't Wait to Get Rid of". The 5 series was #2 and the worst, #1, was the 3 series. The 4 series was #7.

I saw this coming years ago, it's why my user name is what it is. I owned, and loved, an E36 325i, and a 328i, a Z4 bought around 2004, and an E39 530i. Loved every one of them but started seeing the writing on the wall. BMW went downhill from those cars. I understand they are coming back up but seems they still have a way to go. And silly as it seems, the biggest reason keeping me out of BMW now is their auto shifter. My wife just cant get the hang of it and for a car that we would both drive, that was the death knell.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
And silly as it seems, the biggest reason keeping me out of BMW now is their auto shifter. My wife just cant get the hang of it and for a car that we would both drive, that was the death knell.
This. I test drive the F10 550 before buying my first A6 and the shifter was just terrible UX. Looking at the new A4/5 shifters though I'm afraid Audis going a similar route. Not even sure you can call it a shifter, more like a control ****. In part I believe it's cost cutting (less moving/mechanical parts) but it's redicilous and I don't know if I'll ever get used to them!
Old 06-22-2017, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've read that article. It is not an exact science. Their is no logic to the ratings that indicate owners are unhappy with their car.

Quick Reply: Redesign A6 ???