Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

From S4 to S6: First impressions

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

So I tinted the car today and hardwired the V1 with the stealth display in the dash area.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by S4 to S6
great review - helpful. This is the same jump i'm making- and had my concerns about how a bigger car would feel. Which seat package do you have comfort or the standard diamond stitched sport seat? enjoy the ride!
I got the sport seats and they are absolutely wonderful. They are actually more comfortable than the sport seats in the S4. Whereas I used to love people admire the alcantara in the S4 seats, they just drool over the stitching in the S6. Its seriously baller material.

I havent seen an S6 come in yet with the comfort seats but we have them arriving soon. Ill give feedback when one of them comes in.

Originally Posted by K91109
How do you compare it to the regular A6?
The regular A6 is a great car. Unfortunately, I hate the standard seats in the premium and premium plus model. The added thigh support in the prestige model really changes the comfort level. I dont even care about the ventilation but the different seat design is a must. The S6 seats are just on a totally different level of comfort. Regarding the ride, the S6 suspension takes over where the A6 leaves off. Its definitely an "S" model the moment you turn the steering wheel into a corner. While its not entirely flat, it attacks corners with abandon. Anyone that says this car is too soft in the handling is apparently coming from a smaller car or something designed as a sports car. This is a large sedan that is not hiding what it is. It is a sleeper car though for all intense and purposes.

Originally Posted by stoulana
Thanks for great writeup, how is steering feel for S6? I have A6 & my 2nd car is BMW 535i (2009) I find BMW hydraulic steering is more engaging than A6 electrical. So wondering is S6 feels heavier than S4, mainly center feel on hwy is there good feedback.
Thats an excellent question. In my S4 I had the lowered springs and the Alu Kreuz so it was just like a go-cart. Its not really fair to compare. That being said, stock for stock I would actually say the steering feel is quite similar. The one thing that I will say is the turn in is quicker on the S6 as the ratio seems to be shorter. Turning the steering wheel just a little bit makes the front dive in that direction. I wont say that it has more feel because it doesn't. But it has enough that I made an evasive maneuver already today and the car just went where I needed it to with minimal input.