Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

S6 Black Beaufort/Aluminum Inlay

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 11:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S6 Black Beaufort/Aluminum Inlay

I placed a order for the S6 with the Carbon Atlas inlay, but I'm thinking the black Beaufort/Aluminum inlay would be better - the carbon inlays is a bit too glossy for my taste. Does any one know if the black Beaufort/Aluminum inlays is available for order in the US (I did now see it on the order sheet).

Here's the story behind the black Beaufort/Aluminum inlay.
Attached Images  
Old 07-15-2012, 03:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That is very cool looking. I will for sure put an order in for an S6 with those inlays when I trade in my '13 A6 in 4-5 years for an S6.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's not listed on the S6 order guide (from May 16) and the only additional option in the exclusive guide is piano black. I'd probably go with the piano black if I didn't have to pay the additional $1200 for exclusive on top of the option.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RobC
It's not listed on the S6 order guide (from May 16) and the only additional option in the exclusive guide is piano black. I'd probably go with the piano black if I didn't have to pay the additional $1200 for exclusive on top of the option.
Where did you see the exclusive guide? I havent been able to get my hands on it.

Also, my SA told me that those black aluminum inlays arent available. there is a brown version that is available on the order guide.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by inuwan
I placed a order for the S6 with the Carbon Atlas inlay, but I'm thinking the black Beaufort/Aluminum inlay would be better - the carbon inlays is a bit too glossy for my taste. Does any one know if the black Beaufort/Aluminum inlays is available for order in the US (I did now see it on the order sheet).

I ordered with Carbon Atlas as well, and agree the Beaufort would be better. It wasn't an option on the order guide given to me, so perhaps it's not available yet. I put an email into my Audi sales guy asking about it. I'll post if I get worthwhile answers.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GiantEli
Where did you see the exclusive guide? I havent been able to get my hands on it.

Also, my SA told me that those black aluminum inlays arent available. there is a brown version that is available on the order guide.
I just posted the guide:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/334865/2013...05.16.2012.pdf

There's no pricing for the options though.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I contacted Audi about availability of Beaufort/Aluminum inlays, as I'm about to order an S7 and wanted to confirm when it would be available. Audi's response appears below:

The "aluminum/Beaufort wood" interior trim will be available for the 2014 model year, which translates into summer or fall of 2013.

Heather
Audi Customer Relations
Old 10-18-2012, 02:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by atlengdave
I contacted Audi about availability of Beaufort/Aluminum inlays, as I'm about to order an S7 and wanted to confirm when it would be available. Audi's response appears below:

The "aluminum/Beaufort wood" interior trim will be available for the 2014 model year, which translates into summer or fall of 2013.

Heather
Audi Customer Relations
Thanks, I was hoping this would come out for the 2014 MY ! I am ordering one for hopefully fall delivery next year!
Old 10-18-2012, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by inuwan

Thanks for the link to that article. I love Audi interiors so it's great to read stories about the people and the hard work that goes into them. I also have the Beaufort layered oak trim and I was wondering how it was made. I love how it looks. Very unique.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this trim some thing you could buy through an Audi Parts Dept in Europe now?

Quick Reply: S6 Black Beaufort/Aluminum Inlay