Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

S6 First Problem !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S6 First Problem !!

Im driving home from work this afternoon, earlier than normal and here we go. Car in front of me turns right into a stone driveway and as i pass him i hear DING !!!!!!! I said it can't be , 10 minutes later i get home, get out of the car and start checking the passenger side of the car . I get to the read door and there it is, two chips from the rock. No dent that I can tell , just looks like chips. Ordered doctor color chip, any one have any experience with it or better suggestions?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have experience with it and feel it is the next best thing to taking it to a body shop. But it's not going to look like new when you're done with it.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cselestrin
Im driving home from work this afternoon, earlier than normal and here we go. Car in front of me turns right into a stone driveway and as i pass him i hear DING !!!!!!! I said it can't be , 10 minutes later i get home, get out of the car and start checking the passenger side of the car . I get to the read door and there it is, two chips from the rock. No dent that I can tell , just looks like chips. Ordered doctor color chip, any one have any experience with it or better suggestions?

Sorry to hear that.. you made me wanna do Xpel Ultimate!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fEArmE
Sorry to hear that.. you made me wanna do Xpel Ultimate!
I have the Xpel and it probably helped with my hood ding to keep the paint from scratching, but the dent I have doesn't make me happy. Now I just need to find out when the dent guy is at the dealer so it can get fixed there...I am hoping they can just massage out from the back of the hood.

Regaring the rock chip the DR Color Chip stuff is good, but you will still know it is there, but it will be tougher to see.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cselestrin
So I had to go look at it again it's one chip with three other tiny chips and a small indentation. Hard to get a pic because my garge is dark. This sucks !!!!! What the hell are the chances of getting a stone kicked up at your door?
Attached Images  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

We are all going to get a chip or ding sooner or later. You just got yours out of the way. Perhaps chip/ding karma will provide you with few if any future problems.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by last911
We are all going to get a chip or ding sooner or later. You just got yours out of the way. Perhaps chip/ding karma will provide you with few if any future problems.
Im not sure what is worst, getting the first chip/ding this way, in a parking lot when you are not around, or when your wife pulls a suitcase out ot the trunk and drags the wheels across the bumper.

Dont ask me how I know about that last one.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am picking up my new S6 tomorrow. Before I drive it off the lot, I had the dealer put on a 3M clear bra. Worth every penny...
Old 10-08-2012, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
Im not sure what is worst, getting the first chip/ding this way, in a parking lot when you are not around, or when your wife pulls a suitcase out ot the trunk and drags the wheels across the bumper.

Dont ask me how I know about that last one.
The bumper issue is why I put the Xpel paint protection on the top of the bumper...
Old 10-08-2012, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

that is grounds for divorce

QUOTE=MileHighJC;24357022]Im not sure what is worst, getting the first chip/ding this way, in a parking lot when you are not around, or when your wife pulls a suitcase out ot the trunk and drags the wheels across the bumper.

Dont ask me how I know about that last one.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: S6 First Problem !!