Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

S6 Orders? What did you get?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S6 Orders? What did you get?

My order is placed, and I'm still not sure I'm satisfied with what I ended up with. I think there is still some time to change, but will likely go with:

4N4N Oolong Grey
IM S Sport Seat - Black
PAW Cold Weather
PRG 20" Wheels
PX2 LED Headlights
PCH Side Assist
5MK Carbon Atlas
6NQ Black Headliner
6FL All-weather mats
6W9 No front plate holder

I've been trying to get a car with what used to be called Seal Grey on the Porsche, thought Daytona would be closest, only to find that I can't have that. Oolong isn't exactly it, and that might be my biggest area of consternation.

I opted out of the ridiculously overpriced B&O system, figuring I'd upgrade the Bose if I had to.

I'm currently in Illinois, but the car will be registered in Florida, where there is no front plate requirement. My SA tells me that the port will see where the car is going and put on the appropriate plate holder/filler...anyone know if this is the case?

What have others gone with?

Last edited by GiantEli; 06-20-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congratulations! Good call with the Oolong.
I'm in the market for an S6 too but want to do Euro delivery and none of the dealers here know how it works.
On that note -- not to thread jack -- if anyone on here recommends a good Audi dealer in the tri-state area pls let me know.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GiantEli
My order is placed, and I'm still not sure I'm satisfied with what I ended up with. I think there is still some time to change, but will likely go with:

4N4N Oolong Grey
IM S Sport Seat - Black
PAW Cold Weather
PRG 20" Wheels
PX2 LED Headlights
PCH Side Assist
5MK Carbon Atlas
6NQ Black Headliner
6FL All-weather mats

I've been trying to get a car with what used to be called Seal Grey on the Porsche, thought Daytona would be closest, only to find that I can't have that. Oolong isn't exactly it, and that might be my biggest area of consternation.

I opted out of the ridiculously overpriced B&O system, figuring I'd upgrade the Bose if I had to.

I'm currently in Illinois, but the car will be registered in Florida, where there is no front plate requirement. My SA tells me that the port will see where the car is going and put on the appropriate plate holder/filler...anyone know if this is the case?

What have others gone with?
In regards to the front plate, I live in PA which also does not require a front plate and my car did arrive with the front plate assembly much to my displeasure.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I got 4 black new tires for my $$ lol
Old 06-20-2012, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by donb4325
In regards to the front plate, I live in PA which also does not require a front plate and my car did arrive with the front plate assembly much to my displeasure.
to clarify, this was for a C7 A6, not S6
Old 06-20-2012, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GiantEli
My order is placed,

My SA tells me that the port will see where the car is going and put on the appropriate plate holder/filler...anyone know if this is the case?
My local New York dealer said that they install the plate holder after the car is delivered to the dealership. I want the plate holder for future if needed - just not installed.

Since you ordered the car with the 6W9 option. A plate holder should not be installed.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly as tenspeed stated, if you ordered the car with the 6W9 option it will arrive at the dealership with no holder. That's how I was able to do it and I live in a state where the front plate is required.

As to the S6 orders, he's what I'm thinking of getting.
Phantom Black (L8L8) or Estoril Blue (K0K0)
Comfort Seats (SX)
Innovation (WPD)
Cold Weather (PAW)
Comfort Seating Package (PS8)
LED Headlights (PX2)
20" Wheels (PRG)
Carbon Atlas Inlays (5MK)
Black Headliner (6NQ)
No Front Plate Holder (6W9)

I love my A6 and if I'm going to upgrade to the S6 I want to keep it as similar to my A6 as possible. Would love them massage seats for those long commutes stuck in traffic. Hopefully by the end of the year she'll be in my garage.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I too am hung on Euro Delivery (among other things) since I wanted to do it over Thanksgiving and you can't take delivery of a car between November and March unless it has all-season tires - which Audi won't offer on the S6 For me that translates to next year, which means I'd be a month or two prior to '14 start of production, so why not just hold off for a '14 at that point.

Here's my current wish list:

PAW - Cold Weather Package
PS8 - Comfort Seating
PX2 - LED Headlights
PCH - Side Assist
3Y5 - Power Rear and Manual Side Sunshade
4X4 - Rear Side Airbags

I'd like to add:
??? - All-season high performance tires
??? - Beige/Tan interior
??? - Top View Camera system (alone - without having to add Adaptive Cruise and $5K worth of other stuff)
??? - Manual Transmission (Yeah, I can dream!)

I'm leaning towards Estoril Blue but would really like to SEE it first....

I like the 6W9 idea, will put that on my Maybe list
Old 06-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You're right. Doing ED on the S6 will mean you get it in April 2013 at the earliest - which is fine by me. I just wish the dealers here knew the logistics of how to make it happen, until when I can change my order, can I install Euro-spec parts etc.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am going to the dealer this weekend to discuss changeing an allocation they have for an S6 to what I want. We'll see what they give me for price and trade-in. If the numbers don't work I won't do it, but I think they will make it work. We shall see.

I am looking to get the Estoril Blue. I love the dark blue color - I know it will be a pain to keep clean, but from the pictures I have seen it looks great.

So I think I will order:

Estoril Blue
Driver assistance package
Cold weather package
LED headlights
Black cloth headliner
B&O
Power rear and manual side sunshade
Carbon Atlas Inlays

Quick Reply: S6 Orders? What did you get?