Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Sirius Renewal Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sirius Renewal Pricing

Just received a notice to renew my sirius since the 3 month trial is ending. I used the old "I received a postcard in the mail for $77 for the whole year" shtick and they told me that offer was last year and now it's $86. I asked for them to honor my old price and they did. I also had to pay an extra $3.99 for the traffic part to integrate with the MMI, which I didn't mind paying and there's some royalty fee. Total was $132 for the year. Not too bad.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 388 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by WannaS6
Just received a notice to renew my sirius since the 3 month trial is ending. I used the old "I received a postcard in the mail for $77 for the whole year" shtick...
That's a decent deal. I got the same last year. I re-signed a couple weeks ago at $24 ++ for 6 months. I always let mine expire...that's when the "deals" flow
Old 08-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have found that if you call them, and don't mind waiting on hold endlessly to get a human-each time you call you get a different story. I just kept calling until I heard a combination and price I thought was OK. I actually think most of their reps on the phone are based in India and have no clue what other deal they can quote. Just my observation.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just called 1-866-434-7429 and they gave me a 6 month deal for a grand total of 27.44. Just got to be careful on the auto renewal. But a great deal and the best thing was i was off the phone in 5 minutes. You may want to try this is your subscription is about to expire.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was able to get their 5/$25 offer. Five months for $25 including their premium channels. I passed on traffic for $3.99 as it is not something I use.

I set a reminder in my phone for 5 months and call back and ask for it again. So far they have done this 3 times for me. If you don't call it goes back to their standard monthly rate.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The key is to renew using the number above (866-434-7429).

I called the renewal number from their website earlier this week and they denied all offers, basically offered me full price ($28/month incl premium channels and traffic) or nothing at all.

Called today and was immediately offered the 6 month for $25 deal, but he said it did not include premiums. I ended up settling for a full year, prepaid, including all premium channels (basically I needed the XM Sports Fantasy channel!) and traffic for $172.66 incl tax.

So basically, $14/month, half price. Not bad, but six month deal is way better if you don't want/need traffic or premium channels.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Will you be automatically renewed at standard rates once your $172 prepaid period is over?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ive been getting mail about my trial expiring, and tonight they called. The nice lady seemed to just "assume" that I would renew at 159/year. I told her I don't drive the car enough to justify that spend, but that I had a second car (my wife's car) that the XM trial had expired on, and if they would do two cars for the 159 I might listen.

She told me about the "multi-car" discount - first car goes at the full 159/year, the second at 109.

I find that laughable, but was very cordial. I told her I was not willing to spend that for all the more we are in our cars. She immediately went to the end of her script, told me the call back number, and got off the call. She was very friendly, but really not interested in negotiating off the standard price list.

I guess Ill wait until my trial expires in a couple of weeks. Maybe they will believe me than that Im not dropping almost 270 a year for the limited time we are in the cars. But if that is all they will do, then Ill have two cars with SAT capability that will be silent, and I will listen to my iPod and off the air radio.

jc
Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

For the fifth year in a row, I called to renew my Sirius sub. And for the fifth year in a row, I told the rep that I was not interested in paying much more than the $86 all in for 12 months that I paid last year (with my now gone 2009 A4). The rep went to talk to her manager as has also been for the fifth year in a row and she came back and offered me a $94.93 all in 12 month rate which I accepted (it always seems to go up a few bucks each year - 4 years ago it was $74 all in).

What's interesting is they show my free trial, that actually started July 6 and should have been up on Oct 6, starting on Sept 17 and expiring on Dec 17. I have no idea how that happened but, of course, I didn't argue about getting the extra 10 free weeks.

And next Dec 17, I will, for the sixth year in a row, tell them I will only renew at something very close to the previous year cost. And I'm pretty sure I will get it again.
The key is to be insistent, nice but firm, that if you don't get the reduced rate, you will bail forevermore. Period.

She also confirmed my 4 year free Sirius traffic subscription that Audi started with 2013 cars with Nav+ (also inexplicably starting on a belated Sep 17).

Couple that with the at delivery offer of 30 extra months (36 months total) of prepaid T-Mobile Audi Connect unlimited for $450 (or $15 @ month) and I'm reasonably happy. For now.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are some excellent Sirius deals listed on the Fatwallet website -- see the thread at
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/929342/?start=0

Quick Reply: Sirius Renewal Pricing