Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Sirius xm + traffic info

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius xm + traffic info

Just activate my radio subscription plus traffic info ( TMC) for $120 + tax and royalties fee total $132.43 in NYC for my A6 . This is a 1 year deal , which you have to cancel before the year or you will be charge @ regular pricing after the year. When you call make sure be nice and just mention your " cousin" just got that deal yesterday. Hope this info help. Drive Safe.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow thanks, they offered it to me for 180, I bought it, then an hour later I canceled it, it's very crappy, I listen to four music channels, I like radio shows and whatever, but most of my commutes are too short to be listing to anything but music. Anyway, he ended up refunding my money and giving me a two month trial, so check that out too!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think Traffic is the only service worth out of the Sirius offerings to pay for. That's the only thing I'll hold on to. Never been a fan of the quality of their music.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default activation problems

Originally Posted by dkaudiq7
Just activate my radio subscription plus traffic info ( TMC) for $120 + tax and royalties fee total $132.43 in NYC for my A6 . This is a 1 year deal , which you have to cancel before the year or you will be charge @ regular pricing after the year. When you call make sure be nice and just mention your " cousin" just got that deal yesterday. Hope this info help. Drive Safe.
How did you get the activation to work. Sirius can't activate traffic for my A6 because it only has one ESN. Were you able to buy a special radio traffic package that went through your radio ESN only?
Old 05-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Guess I'm in the minority here, as I can't live without satellite radio. I guess it has something to do with the fact that almost all of the stations here in Seattle suck, there are way too many commercials, and there's not one station that consistently plays harder rock. I dunno, broadcast radio is just so....lame. Worth the 12 bucks a month to me.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't continue my subscription, because most of the content I listen to is Podcasts (or Netcasts), of which I have a ton of.

For anyone here who bought their car and plan to keep it for at least 5 years or more, Sirius still offers a "Lifetime" plan. It is not listed through the website, but if you call them and ask for it you can get it.

I forget what it costs, but if you own your car, you will come out in the long run.

NOTE: this for the radio only, NOT the traffic. With the traffic you can only do the monthly or yearly pre-paid plans.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
I didn't continue my subscription, because most of the content I listen to is Podcasts (or Netcasts), of which I have a ton of.

For anyone here who bought their car and plan to keep it for at least 5 years or more, Sirius still offers a "Lifetime" plan. It is not listed through the website, but if you call them and ask for it you can get it.

I forget what it costs, but if you own your car, you will come out in the long run.

NOTE: this for the radio only, NOT the traffic. With the traffic you can only do the monthly or yearly pre-paid plans.
Thanks for the heads up.

Mine runs out in a couple of days since I got my car in Feb.

Question. Which portion of the traffic does Sirius provide? The color-coded overlay on the maps, or the actual traffic reports on the MMI menu (or both?).

Thanks
Neurobit
Old 05-14-2012, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Im not going to continue mine either. For some reason the sound quality in any vehicle Ive owned sounds muffled.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Neurobit
Thanks for the heads up.

Mine runs out in a couple of days since I got my car in Feb.

Question. Which portion of the traffic does Sirius provide? The color-coded overlay on the maps, or the actual traffic reports on the MMI menu (or both?).

Thanks
Neurobit
I forget about the color overlay, I still have my Connect subscription, so I will check it a little later. I am pretty sure this is Sirius as well.

Sirius does provide the traffic reports in the "Info" section of the MMI. All services provided by the Connect's internet connection are in "Online" sub-tab of the same section. Since my Sirius subscription is expired, I get a subscription warning message in the "Info" section main screen.