Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

soft bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soft bumper?

Has anyone noticed the bumper dents easily? I lightly tapped my rear bumper with a shopping cart that has the plastic edge guards on it and now my bumper is slightly dented. The bottom of one of the edge guard was just slightly higher than the top crease line of the rear bumper.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by day1yun
Has anyone noticed the bumper dents easily? I lightly tapped my rear bumper with a shopping cart that has the plastic edge guards on it and now my bumper is slightly dented. The bottom of one of the edge guard was just slightly higher than the top crease line of the rear bumper.
My 1958 Roadmaster had a "bumper". Not sure what we have now. Everything to save weight...
Old 12-18-2011, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by day1yun
There is some confusion on what cars have nowadays. Our bumpers are actually behind what you would consider what a "bumper is". What you're referring to is the bumper cover.

No, I would not say that our "bumper" (bumper covers) dent easily. You likely had the shopping cart hit in the right place to cause a small dent. Get a PDR guy....and see if they can fix it. I'm not sure if they can work their magic on bumpers (plastic) as they can on other panels.

If you don't mind, can I ask you a quick question - you're referring to an "edge guard" on the rear bumper. Are you talking about the clear film, similar to what we have on our front doors and bottom front fenders (to prevent rock chips from the tires).

The reason I ask is because I had my rear bumper replaced and I do not have an "film" on it...just trying to figure out if that's normal, or if the rear bumper has the same film as the what is behind the front tires.