Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Song Info on MMI display with HD, FM, Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Song Info on MMI display with HD, FM, Sirius

I've been wondering for a while now if my 2012 A6 Prestige w/Bose was working correctly. In HD, FM stereo and SiriusXM it does not show track/singer info, only station. In HD at least, sometimes part of a song title will show until that station is tuned and then info goes to station name only never changing. I have MMI setup to scroll information. What brought this to the top of my list was I dropped my wife's TT for service today and was given a new A3, base model. It not only shows track/singer info, it shows album art when using HD and the SiriusXM station graphic when using SiriusXM, along with station ID, Artist, song title, etc. I know the new A3 MMI is different than A6 but...
Software version is HN+R_US_AU_K0566_5. My dealer, Audi of Chandler AZ (Penske) is not one that does MMI updates simply by asking I've done that before with no luck. By the way, using SD card, album art and track info are displayed, bluetooth audio from Samsung S3 lacks timer.
My question of the day is: Is my system working correctly or is it not?

TIA
Bob
Old 05-20-2014, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I believe there is a setting to make the song info show up in a window on top of the station list.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

If you're speaking of the DIS in the instrument cluster, Sirius will only display the station name. With an iPod/iPhone through the AMI cable, it only displays song title in the DIS. "Radio>Sirius" or "Media" will display song, album and artist info on the MMI screen and a few radio stations will display song and artist info.

The only thing related to this with the later MMI versions 0609 or 0715-2 is they restored the missing song info when streaming with Bluetooth audio from some phones, i.e. Apple devices using iOS 6 or later.

The new A3 uses a more advanced MMI with features not available in the current A6 C7.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have only seen album art and track info from "media" source.
In "Radio", you get the station name; artist and name of the song provided by the station. That is true for HD; FM or Sirius. My MMI is 0715-2.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the responses. My DIS operates per expectations as stated above, MMI does not display track info except when using media. FM, Sirius, HD all just show station ID. I have the option selected to display info, apparently it is not working in my vehicle. Going in for service in a couple of days, I'll have it taken care of (I hope) then.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BSullivan
I've been wondering for a while now if my 2012 A6 Prestige w/Bose was working correctly. In HD, FM stereo and SiriusXM it does not show track/singer info, only station. In HD at least, sometimes part of a song title will show until that station is tuned and then info goes to station name only never changing. I have MMI setup to scroll information. What brought this to the top of my list was I dropped my wife's TT for service today and was given a new A3, base model. It not only shows track/singer info, it shows album art when using HD and the SiriusXM station graphic when using SiriusXM, along with station ID, Artist, song title, etc. I know the new A3 MMI is different than A6 but...
Software version is HN+R_US_AU_K0566_5. My dealer, Audi of Chandler AZ (Penske) is not one that does MMI updates simply by asking I've done that before with no luck. By the way, using SD card, album art and track info are displayed, bluetooth audio from Samsung S3 lacks timer.
My question of the day is: Is my system working correctly or is it not?

TIA
Bob
Brought the car in for service. I did explain the problems I've been having with the audio system to the service writer and the technician that was supposed to work on the car. Don't have it back yet, but I did get a call from the service writer.
1. Samsung Galaxy S3 is only "partially" compatible with the Audi system. The lack of compatibility will show up as no track timer.
2. They checked the appropriate modules for the audio system, applied a software update (he couldn't tell me what that was) but track information is still not displayed or scrolled on the display. According the service writer, they cannot find anything wrong so they are going no further.

My requests: Can someone tell me if the hardware for the Bose audio system as installed in a Prestige level A6 is the same for the 2012 and 2014? I understand that they are, but have no definitive information i.e. part numbers etc.
Can someone point me to a video or still photo showing HD information with track/song information displayed? I would of course prefer a video so that I can show dealer how the system is supposed to work.

A little rant: I cannot believe an Audi dealer would say "come and get your car" when there is obviously something still not right. This is supposed to be a premium car. At the moment I wouldn't recommend Audi to anyone.
Done with rant, sorry.

Last edited by BSullivan; 05-27-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to pound on my dealer and get AoA involved to get some software updates applied with my dealer. I think most of it was actually on the AoA approval side. Wither way I persisted and after having my car for a week they did everything I asked.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Update

Update in bold: Brought the car in for service. I did explain the problems I've been having with the audio system to the service writer and the technician that was supposed to work on the car. Don't have it back yet, but I did get a call from the service writer.
1. Service writer stated: Samsung Galaxy S3 is only "partially" compatible with the Audi system. The lack of compatibility will show up as no track timer. The Galaxy S3 is in fact only partially compatible with C7 A6 audio system. The phone is listed on the AoA website as capable of providing music through bluetooth connection, track information will be displayed, USB adapter cable is not compatible and title length (play time) is not available. See: http://www.audiusa.com/help/mmi
2. Service writer stated: They checked the appropriate modules for the audio system, applied a software update (he couldn't tell me what that was, turns out to be 715_2 so MMI now has latest and greatest at least as of 5/28/2014 in Phoenix.) but track information is still not displayed or scrolled on the display. According the service writer, they cannot find anything wrong so they are going no further. This is not entirely true, service writer made an error. It turns out that in analog FM if information is being transmitted by the station, the information will "scroll" using about 8-10 characters per display. Sirius radio will open an outlined box showing channel, artist, song and album on separate lines. HD is variable, from just the station information (the way it was before I brought the car in for service) all the way to much like Sirius, station info, artist, song title and album in an outlined box. HD can also show the outlined box with just the station info with two lines below with a single hyphen/dash at the beginning.

My requests: Can someone tell me if the hardware for the Bose audio system as installed in a Prestige level A6 is the same for the 2012 and 2014? I understand that they are, but have no definitive information i.e. part numbers etc.
Can someone point me to a video or still photo showing HD information with track/song information displayed? I would of course prefer a video so that I can show dealer how the system is supposed to work.

A little rant: I cannot believe an Audi dealer would say "come and get your car" when there is obviously something still not right. This is supposed to be a premium car. At the moment I wouldn't recommend Audi to anyone.
Done with rant, sorry.

I've uploaded some screenshots. The images are a little small, I hope you can see the information.

HD station not show any track information. This is what all the HD stations looked like before having the car serviced. Notice the 96.9 entry has either a song title or station nickname partially displayed. If that station were tuned, it would only show information similar to 95.5.

The information is availabe when the station is in this mode, simply select the function button and the 'i' selection and I would see:

Some HD stations show this:

Some HD stations show one of the next two based on whether they are currently playing a song or not. Sirius radio is very similar to these.

Analog FM shows information similar to the series of 5 images below, a "scrolling" station and song information.

Last edited by BSullivan; 05-28-2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Add images
Old 12-18-2017, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Strange pictures on my radio

I have a 2106 A3 and yesterday my radio took a good minute to reset, or startup. Once it was working all seemed normal except that I started seeing random pictures from my my Contacts when song info would pop up! If I switch to a SiriusXM station, after a few seconds the larger popup appears with channel, artist, and song. There's space on the right for a logo, and typically the SiriusXM logo appears. But for many of my stations I get a totally random picture from one of my friends! They appear to be getting pulled from my iPhone contacts, which gets pictures from Facebook. Now I can't get rid of them -- what is going on? So strange, anyone else have this issue?