Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Sport mode vs. Dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Sport mode vs. Dynamics

Hi all, I am trading in my 2011 A6 for a 2012 ibis white A6 prestige, picking it up next week, cant wait. During the test drive, the salesman show to how to shift into sport mode by pulling the gear selector down to sport. I was wondering, is that the same as going into the MMI and change the Audi select to the dynamic mode?
Old 11-12-2011, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not, dynamic adjust steering, seat belt tensioner as well. I'm not sure if the fear changes are identical as sport mode but doubt it.
Why did you get an '11 I knowing the '12 was going to be an all new model?
Old 11-12-2011, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So the sport mode on the gear shift doesnt change steering and suspension?
As always, I bought the 2011 thinking I would keep it for a while, but one test drive of the 2012 changed my mind The 2012 drives so much lighter and the 8 speed tranny is smoother as well.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
So the sport mode on the gear shift doesnt change steering and suspension?
Sport on the shift changes throttle response and gear changes (longer in a gear). ADS Dynamic mode does the same and adds steering response change. Neither the sport mode or dynamic setting provide for any changes in suspension, unfortunately, like the A4 ADS option offers for example. Not sure why Audi made this decision.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Neither the sport mode or dynamic setting provide for any changes in suspension, unfortunately, like the A4 ADS option offers for example. Not sure why Audi made this decision.
I am confused, why would there be a comfort mode if there is no suspension change?
Old 11-13-2011, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I am confused, why would there be a comfort mode if there is no suspension change?
Because the US model does not have a suspension that will adjust like the Europe model does. Perhaps they want to keep the price point very competitive vs. MB and BMW or use options like air suspension to add in later model years as improvement.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Suspension damper can be adjusted, air suspension is not always nescessary. Of course the change in stiffness will be a lot more noticable with air suspension.
According to this article, the suspension on the A6 is affected by Audi select, can any one confrim that?

"Audi's Drive Select system allows you to alter just how much involvement you want with things like steering, suspension and drivetrain. "

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/04/2...uattro-review/

Last edited by The G Man; 11-13-2011 at 05:37 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suspension damper can be adjusted, air suspension is not always nescessary. Of course the change in stiffness will be a lot more noticable with air suspension.
According to this article, the suspension on the A6 is affected by Audi select, can any one confrim that?

"Audi's Drive Select system allows you to alter just how much involvement you want with things like steering, suspension and drivetrain. "

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/04/2...uattro-review/
The article is incorrect. You can't alter the suspension on the 2012 A6 via the Drive Select.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike a
The article is incorrect. You can't alter the suspension on the 2012 A6 via the Drive Select.
Maybe that article was referring to the European model. I think that they have the adaptive air suspension on the other side of the pond. Why Audi has deprived us Americans of that feature I'll never understand.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I just picked up my A6 last night. Playing around with the Audi select on the way home, it seems the best combination is to put the steering in dynamics and everything else in auto, if I need more pick up, I can alway shift to the S mode on my shifter. What do you guys think?

Quick Reply: Sport mode vs. Dynamics