Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Steering wheel control

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel control

This is my first Audi. I come from a history of different BMW's and am loving the A6. It is taking me some time to adjust to the MMI however I'll get there.

I have been trying to figure out how to control the audio system or answer/end phone calls on the steering wheel. I have tried every possible menu on the MMI and on the dashboard and can only see the trip computer/consumption/range or the navigation details on the small screen between the speedo and tach. No media info is available whether I'm using radio or Bluetooth Audio from my iPhone 4S. Also there is no button to answer or hangup the phone from the wheel when using my iPhone through bluetooth. i have to hit the answer button using the MMI wheel.

Any way of getting these features?
Old 02-03-2012, 11:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's how to access the radio from the steering wheel.

Here's how to load your radio presets.

Name:  Audiradio003.jpg
Views: 5188
Size:  88.7 KB
Old 02-03-2012, 11:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kundu
Toggle btw tabs on the small screen by side arrows. The pics posted here are from an old audi not your new a6. To go up and dOwn each menu roll the left wheel and then push in to select. You'll see. All the functions pop up on small screen and you'll be very happy with the graphics.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by joseaudi
Kundu
Toggle btw tabs on the small screen by side arrows. The pics posted here are from an old audi not your new a6. To go up and dOwn each menu roll the left wheel and then push in to select. You'll see. All the functions pop up on small screen and you'll be very happy with the graphics.
My car seems to not have this feature even though it has almost every option from the factory including MMI Navigation System plus.

Here are some pictures of what my car looks like:
Attached Images      
Old 02-04-2012, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

In your first picture there are two arrows above the rolling wheel. Pressing the arrows will toggle your menus between your gauges.

The green menu is for your phone. When your phone rings it will highlight the answer option. Simply press in the wheel to select that option to answer. Similarly when you want to end a call select end call. Rolling the wheel will cycle you through your options within any menu.

The audio menu will be yellow and you can again cycle through all the options using the wheel.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Blackz06
In your first picture there are two arrows above the rolling wheel. Pressing the arrows will toggle your menus between your gauges.

The green menu is for your phone. When your phone rings it will highlight the answer option. Simply press in the wheel to select that option to answer. Similarly when you want to end a call select end call. Rolling the wheel will cycle you through your options within any menu.

The audio menu will be yellow and you can again cycle through all the options using the wheel.
All I have when I go left and right between the arrows are the Nav option and the Trip Computer (you can see the two tabs on the top of my pics). When I press the menu button (to the right of the rolling wheel) I get the menu that I took pics of earlier.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You're missing quite a few options along the top of the area between the gauges, but not sure which option(s) they're tied to.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
You're missing quite a few options along the top of the area between the gauges, but not sure which option(s) they're tied to.
Yeah, odd. Looks like you have a prestige. Hopefully someone with a Euro spec will chime in.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I know! Any idea if these can be enabled through VAG mods or are they related to options from the factory?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kundu
I know! Any idea if these can be enabled through VAG mods or are they related to options from the factory?
I have the same problem on my car and i took it to the dealer and they hooked it up to online diagnostic to Audi headquarter in Dubai and said that they don't have a fix and that it happened to 3-4 cars and it's associated with Arabic language support in the system software but i guess not since it happened to your car I'm supposed to go to them again to check if they got a fix

Quick Reply: Steering wheel control