Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Steering Wheel And Rim questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 06:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel And Rim questions

For anyone in the know:

On the Pricing & Options Guide that was posted last week it shows 4 sport package options, 3 of which say that they have a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel with shift paddles (the 18" for Premium only, the 19" and the 20"). However, the 18" Sport Package that is optionable on a "Premium Plus" or "Prestige" edition A6 says it has a 4-spoke multi-function steering wheel with shift paddles.

My question is if anyone thinks that perhaps Audi has made a mistake on the sheet and that all of the sport packages come with the 3-spoke steering wheel, rather than having one with a 4-spoke steering wheel?

Other question is can the 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel with shift paddles be heated? The demo at our dealer has the 19" sport package but does not have the heated steering wheel so I wasn't sure if that was for technical reasons or because they did not option the demo with the cold weather package. I recall that BMW M-design wheels could not be heated

Finally, does anyone have a link (or photo) of the 18" 5-double-spoke-design wheels that come with the 18" Sport Package? Without the A6 configurator working yet it is difficult to find those rims.

Thanks in advance for any help..
Old 06-21-2011, 06:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't know whether it is a mistake about the one sport package with the 4-spoke wheel, but I am pretty sure that all the wheels can be heated. On the Full 2012 order guide that came out a couple of months ago that includes the notes concerning which packages are NA with others there is no qualifier that indicates the Cold Weather Pkg is NA with the Sports packages or vice-versa.

Guys keep me in check, but I believe the 18" wheels are these:

Old 06-21-2011, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by brashman
I don't know whether it is a mistake about the one sport package with the 4-spoke wheel, but I am pretty sure that all the wheels can be heated. On the Full 2012 order guide that came out a couple of months ago that includes the notes concerning which packages are NA with others there is no qualifier that indicates the Cold Weather Pkg is NA with the Sports packages or vice-versa.

Guys keep me in check, but I believe the 18" wheels are these:

Your photo of the 18" wheels in question is correct. Not sure about the heated steering wheel issue as, in the past, some steering wheels have not been available in a heated version. The dealer would need to verify with AoA.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Thanks

Thanks for the photo of the Wheel. Very Helpful. They look very cool.

I am guessing that the "4-spoke steering wheel" is an error because I went to the wheel Link in one of the other messages ( https://forums.audiworld.com/attachm...8&d=1308277838 ) and it had all of the "launch variants" of the A6. In each case, the 18" Sport Package included a 3-Spoke steering wheel.

The question then becomes, does any current Audi owner have a 3-Spoke Steering wheel that is also heated? If there is someone (A4, A5, A6, A8) that currently has a heated 3-spoke steering wheel then that would probably clear up the issue.

Thanks again for your quick responses.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 725 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Cavman
For anyone in the know:

On the Pricing & Options Guide that was posted last week it shows 4 sport package options, 3 of which say that they have a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel with shift paddles (the 18" for Premium only, the 19" and the 20"). However, the 18" Sport Package that is optionable on a "Premium Plus" or "Prestige" edition A6 says it has a 4-spoke multi-function steering wheel with shift paddles.

My question is if anyone thinks that perhaps Audi has made a mistake on the sheet and that all of the sport packages come with the 3-spoke steering wheel, rather than having one with a 4-spoke steering wheel?

Other question is can the 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel with shift paddles be heated? The demo at our dealer has the 19" sport package but does not have the heated steering wheel so I wasn't sure if that was for technical reasons or because they did not option the demo with the cold weather package. I recall that BMW M-design wheels could not be heated

Finally, does anyone have a link (or photo) of the 18" 5-double-spoke-design wheels that come with the 18" Sport Package? Without the A6 configurator working yet it is difficult to find those rims.

Thanks in advance for any help..

The Product Info pages on the C7 Press Guide I posted last week show all Sport Package variants with the 3-spoke wheel (click on attached link https://forums.audiworld.com/attachm...5&d=1308266157 and go to page 14). Apparently the accompanying Order Guide pages were in error on the 18" Premium & Prestige Sports Package (option code PST), and they have been updated to reflect the inclusion of the 3-spoke steering wheel.

It also appears from this same material that the the Cold Weather Package including the heated steering wheel can be ordered in conjunction with the Sport Packages.

I also posted the original vehicle variant ordering info that illustrated the available C7 rims (see below link and look at page 3).

Obviously, before placing an order, you should have everything verified by your dealer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
A6 Launch Vehicle Variants.pdf (1.38 MB, 233 views)

Last edited by derfA8L; 06-21-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

DerfA8L, you rock! Thank you very much. Great info. Really appreciate the links as well.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 725 Likes on 510 Posts

DerfA8L, you rock! Thank you very much. Great info. Really appreciate the links as well.
Very welcome---just trying to be helpful. Just keep in mind that A of A has had errors in their launch materials in the past---the initial D4 A8 info was incorrect on a number of levels. So, no matter what I, or anyone else says or shows you, get the dealer to verify anything that isn't exactly clear :^)
Old 06-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Went to the dealer to place my order this evening and she did not think that I could get a heated sports steering wheel but she was going to call Audi to get the final word.

The ordering sheets do show an ability to order the sports package with the cold weather package but she does not believe that she has ever seen a heated, 3-spoke sports steering wheel. Not on an A4, A6, A8. She was unsure about the A7 since it is so new and they just sold their demo the previous night.

I hope she is wrong and that Audi has it available. Really like the heated steering wheel in the winter.

If there is anyone out there lurking who has a heated 3-spoke sports steering wheel, feel free to let us know that it is indeed possible.

Thanks again to all who have replied with good info. Will let the forum know what I find out on Thursday.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The ordering sheets do show an ability to order the sports package with the cold weather package but she does not believe that she has ever seen a heated, 3-spoke sports steering wheel. Not on an A4, A6, A8.
I'm guessing that it's the same as the prior C6 models where if you ordered the sport pkg + cold weather, then you got the 4-spoke heated wheel. To get the 3-spoke sport wheel (as I did on my '10) you have to order the sport pkg without cold-weather pkg.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is a page from the audi.co.uk configurator. They DO have a a 3-spoke Sports Steering Wheel as an option. I am hopeful that this means the US will also have this as an option.

3-spoke leather-trimmed heated multi-function Sports steering wheel with gear-shift paddles 315.00 GBP

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel And Rim questions