Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Still no extended thigh support on A6 seats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Still no extended thigh support on A6 seats?

I am looking to move out of my 2005 A8L as I no longer need such a long vehicle. I'm looking at something A6 sized, but I really need the extended thigh support in seats. My old Lexus GS400 did not have them and my legs would kill me on long drives. I LOVE the seats in my A8. What's crazy is I can get very comfortable seats in the Lexus GS350, but is this option still not available in the A6 in the USA? I would hate to go back to the Lexus but what's the point of driving a car if after a long drive you are in pain...
Old 06-12-2013, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theanimala
I am looking to move out of my 2005 A8L as I no longer need such a long vehicle. I'm looking at something A6 sized, but I really need the extended thigh support in seats. My old Lexus GS400 did not have them and my legs would kill me on long drives. I LOVE the seats in my A8. What's crazy is I can get very comfortable seats in the Lexus GS350, but is this option still not available in the A6 in the USA? I would hate to go back to the Lexus but what's the point of driving a car if after a long drive you are in pain...
Ironically the A6 seats in general are my obstacle to ordering a new A6. Everyone raves about the Audi interior and styling wise it is great, but compared the the Lexus seats, my current Infiniti or even Acura's AWD TL I find the A6 seats hard to get comfortable in. Have test driven car 4 or 5 times now last few just to see if I can find the ideal seat adjustments to make me comfortable.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've grown to like my seats in the a6 over time. But I do miss the thigh support of my old sline a6, though. The additional ventilation is a plus in the prestige model, and they seem to be a tad more supportive than the premium plus.

I wish Audi did offer the comfort seats in the a6 for 2014.

If you're a current a8 owner, the SWB A8 with the 3.0 v6 is a viable option.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The S6 is probably priced similarly to an entry-level A8. It's the size you want and has many desirable extras (V8TT, DSG, air suspension, sport diff), including the optional Comfort Seats, which are essentially A8 thrones minus the power headrests and upper shoulder support. You also get ventilation and the massage feature. Even the Sport Seats, which look great, have adjustable thigh support and are apparently very comfortable too.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still trying to get comfortable with my A6 seats. Some days they feel fine; other days, I still find myself moving around trying to get comfortable. And this is without changing the seating position.

They are ok seats - but no where close in terms of comfort as my old Volvo seats. Really wish Audi had done a better job on this aspect of the car
Old 06-12-2013, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

BMW's comfort seats are some of the best. Even my old MB W203 has electric headrest and memory passenger seat. Audi needs to catch up in this area.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by qqq1970
BMW's comfort seats are some of the best. Even my old MB W203 has electric headrest and memory passenger seat. Audi needs to catch up in this area.
I find my 2013 A6 P+ comfortable even on long drives, although I wish it had a longer seat cushion or an extender. I am 6’ 3” and 216 lbs, so not skinny or trim, but not super fat. A friend of mine who is very heavy was bitching once that his wife always leaves the BMW’s seat extender pulled out and it is hard for him to squeeze in between the steering wheel and the seat front. Could Audi’s worldwide demographic be a bunch of middle aged, successful, portly dudes and that is why the front seat cushion is short and rounded near the doors? For whatever reason, though, the seats are comfortable for me until I start thinking of the cushion length, and then I make myself feel uncomfortable. I find that adjusting the angle of the seat, height, etc. works and I wind up with zero pressure on my thighs. But, I feel it looks strange that so much of my 34” legs are hanging out over empty space, unsupported.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the S6 is a better buy.

For 78k, you can get an S6 with the full comfort seats, leds, 20's, and most of the toys are standard.

The A8 is a nice car with the 3.0 V6. It's just not very exciting to drive, IMO. There's not much leg room in the back of a SWB A8, and the A6 is close. The lack of a fold down seat in the A8 doesn't help either.

The down side to the S6 is gas mileage, and only a black leather interior.

Too bad you have to make concessions and can't get the right seats in the car you want.

My perfect A6 would be a Prestige TDI with the 20" wheels, led's and comfort seats.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the idea on the S6 but at that price it is out of my budget. It's a shame that Audi would short change the A6 in the US without this option because I just know I can't go back to a short thigh support in a car again. I would have to stick my wallet under my leg in my old GS400 on long drives and when I would get out my leg would be killing me. I really like most everything about the A6 and would prefer it over the GS350 but not if it's going to cause pain and discomfort. Perhaps in a future year...

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
I think the S6 is a better buy.

For 78k, you can get an S6 with the full comfort seats, leds, 20's, and most of the toys are standard.

The A8 is a nice car with the 3.0 V6. It's just not very exciting to drive, IMO. There's not much leg room in the back of a SWB A8, and the A6 is close. The lack of a fold down seat in the A8 doesn't help either.

The down side to the S6 is gas mileage, and only a black leather interior.

Too bad you have to make concessions and can't get the right seats in the car you want.

My perfect A6 would be a Prestige TDI with the 20" wheels, led's and comfort seats.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I noticed in the online brochure (2013), the prestige model comes with 12 way vs 8 way, can some explain the difference. Also it says prestige seats are comfort type is that basically the ventilation feature?

Quick Reply: Still no extended thigh support on A6 seats?