Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Syncing Contacts List from Phone

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 05:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Syncing Contacts List from Phone

I am unable to upload my contact list from my HTC android phone to the A6. I have tried multiple times, but nothing uploads. I am not sure what I am doing wrong...anyone have any suggestions or experience this problem? I also tried using a SD memory card, but the display said there was nothing in the correct format to upload. I am not sure what format to use to save the contacts on the SD card, any suggestions for going that route? THanks
Old 09-15-2011, 06:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When your phone connects through Bluetooth you should get a message in your notification bar at the top of the phone saying a PAB request has been received. You need to click "always allow" in that message so the 2 will always stay in sync. If you aren't getting the message, remove the phone from the MMI and rediscover it on the bluetooth. You can also export your contact list from gmail in a VCF format and put that on the SD card and copy. The downside of doing that is that the car wont see any of the changes/additions you make going forward.

Originally Posted by JML - TX
I am unable to upload my contact list from my HTC android phone to the A6. I have tried multiple times, but nothing uploads. I am not sure what I am doing wrong...anyone have any suggestions or experience this problem? I also tried using a SD memory card, but the display said there was nothing in the correct format to upload. I am not sure what format to use to save the contacts on the SD card, any suggestions for going that route? THanks
Old 09-15-2011, 06:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great advice. The dealer set it up originally, so I am guessing that was not done correctly. I will give it a try. Might also help the horrible call quality that everyone is complaining to me about as well. Everyone says it sounds like I am in a barrel.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

There is also a microphone sensitivity setting in the MMI, might be worth playing with that.

Great advice. The dealer set it up originally, so I am guessing that was not done correctly. I will give it a try. Might also help the horrible call quality that everyone is complaining to me about as well. Everyone says it sounds like I am in a barrel.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I am not sure what format to use to save the contacts on the SD card, any suggestions for going that route? THanks
The contacts from my Thunderbolt would also not sync. I used the SD card which worked great, took 3 seconds. You have to export your contacts list as a vcard file, then copy that to the SD card.

You can also try deleting the bluetooth pairing from both the phone and the MMI, then trying to pair again.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
The contacts from my Thunderbolt would also not sync. I used the SD card which worked great, took 3 seconds. You have to export your contacts list as a vcard file, then copy that to the SD card.

You can also try deleting the bluetooth pairing from both the phone and the MMI, then trying to pair again.
I was able to upload the contacts from the SD card very easily. However, the call sound quality remains horrible. I have deleted and reconnected the phone twice now, and every person I speak to says they can hardly hear me, as it sounds like I am covering my mouth with my hand, or I am in a barrel, etc...I have tried different call volume levels with no luck. The phone works fine on a normal bluetooth headset, so I doubt it is a phone issue. Anyone having any issues with sound quality?
Old 09-16-2011, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was able to upload the contacts from the SD card very easily. However, the call sound quality remains horrible. I have deleted and reconnected the phone twice now, and every person I speak to says they can hardly hear me, as it sounds like I am covering my mouth with my hand, or I am in a barrel, etc...I have tried different call volume levels with no luck. The phone works fine on a normal bluetooth headset, so I doubt it is a phone issue. Anyone having any issues with sound quality?
I've owned 24 new cars & every one of them if a issue with phone it was phone not car.

My LG 800 works perfect with my A6 far as sound quality & contact list, etc.
The following users liked this post:
john1973 (03-14-2022)
Old 09-17-2011, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The phone works fine on a normal bluetooth headset, so I doubt it is a phone issue. Anyone having any issues with sound quality?
The car will track, what, 4 separate bluetooth phone profiles? Find a friend and have them pair their phone and see if they have the same issues. You might have a faulty mic, but I would go with the other poster and blame the phone first.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

After trying multiple phones, I think you guys are right and it is the phone. Although there is a mic volume control on the car, for some reason it has no impact at all on this particular phone. In addition, the phone itself does not allow changing the volume of the microphone. Hence, it is overly sensitive and loud to the people on the receiving end of the call. However, on another phone, adjusting the mic volume via the car worked very well, and there are no complaints. Looks like it might be time for a new phone!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

After trying multiple phones, I think you guys are right and it is the phone. Although there is a mic volume control on the car, for some reason it has no impact at all on this particular phone. In addition, the phone itself does not allow changing the volume of the microphone. Hence, it is overly sensitive and loud to the people on the receiving end of the call. However, on another phone, adjusting the mic volume via the car worked very well, and there are no complaints. Looks like it might be time for a new phone!
If you are on Verizon I just got the Droid Bionic and I love it, and works perfectly in my new A6