Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

are there any power gaining mods for the 3.0T?(beside ecu tune)

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are there any power gaining mods for the 3.0T?(beside ecu tune)

Hi guys

Are there any cat-back exhaust systems for the C7 A6 3.0T?
does the exhausts for the C6 A6, the A7 or the B8 S4 fit the C7 A6?
how about the intake? there is a nice intake from stratmosphere for the S4 can it fit the A6?

and for the people who did mods (beside ecu tune cuz it voids the warranty) did you see any gains from cat-back or intake or both? specially the intake because from my understanding of the supercharger that it will keep a certain amount of boost no matter how much air you shove in it so will the intake do any difference?

is there any power gaining mods worth doing?
Old 03-10-2012, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shaikhasm
Hi guys

Are there any cat-back exhaust systems for the C7 A6 3.0T?
does the exhausts for the C6 A6, the A7 or the B8 S4 fit the C7 A6?
how about the intake? there is a nice intake from stratmosphere for the S4 can it fit the A6?

and for the people who did mods (beside ecu tune cuz it voids the warranty) did you see any gains from cat-back or intake or both? specially the intake because from my understanding of the supercharger that it will keep a certain amount of boost no matter how much air you shove in it so will the intake do any difference?

is there any power gaining mods worth doing?
When the Stasis tune finally comes out for the A6, I'd go that route if you are worried about warranty. The warranty is not voided and many audi dealers do the install. They also offer the Stasis exhaust, which I think is available now, even though it's not on their website. Beyond that, there will soon be an APR supercharger pulley upgrade that apparently adds some nice power.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

There's not much available yet. All is not lost - lets start at the beginning.

Air intake

It wouldn't be too hard to fabricate from new or modify an existing air intake system.

Basically you remove the plastic, ribbed tube and replace it with a smooth tube of a larger diameter. Remove the stock air filter box. Add a cone filter. Make a wall between the engine and air intake area to keep engine heat out. There may be the possibility of opening up the area in the grill to allow more air into the filter area. Pretty simple on paper...

Ynnekdude did something like this on his A6 C6.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2819102

Name:  custom04.jpg
Views: 7928
Size:  63.7 KB

ECU flash and smaller supercharger upgrade.

There is a possibility that there will be a ECU and smaller supercharger pully upgrade. It would remove the flat top shown in this 3.0 TFSI chart. Most of the power gains would be realized at the top end.

There's a valve inside the supercharger that opens and dumps excess pressure back into the intake side at high RPM's. Part of the ECU flash keeps that valve closed longer and probably increases fuel delivery.

Name:  HPTorque.jpg
Views: 3868
Size:  48.5 KB

Exhaust

A cheap and dirty way to lower the restriction is to drill a big hole in the muffler. Weld a tip over the hole and you have dual outlets on each. Sounds crazy? It is.

This guy did it on a A7.

Name:  HiddenTipA7.jpg
Views: 4086
Size:  52.5 KB

Here's a typical muffler - it's just asking for it...

Name:  oldmuffler.jpg
Views: 3982
Size:  68.3 KB

Last edited by tenspeed; 03-10-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi, MTM do a box for this engine -> http://www.mtm-online.de/en/Audi/A6-...T=m2a6300400qm

its good for 400ps. i have had their remap for almost two yesrs on my a8, it hasn't missed a beat. i'm waiting for a their box for my wifes a6 before getting it installed.

they are very very good.

good luck !

jet
Old 03-10-2012, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Given the amazing options available for almost every single Audi out there, I am sure there will be plenty of ECU and software available for this car.

Question though... How do Exhausts (like Stasis, etc) sound on Audis?

I've put high end exhausts on all my Acuras.. and it was always too loud in the cabin
Old 03-11-2012, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
When the Stasis tune finally comes out for the A6, I'd go that route if you are worried about warranty. The warranty is not voided and many audi dealers do the install. They also offer the Stasis exhaust, which I think is available now, even though it's not on their website. Beyond that, there will soon be an APR supercharger pulley upgrade that apparently adds some nice power.
I don't live in the USA so stasis means nothing to my dealer and the pulley probably will void the warranty and it needs the ecu tune to get any benefit from

I,m mostly looking for intake and exhaust upgrade and my dealer told me cat back is ok but i didn't ask about the intake
Old 03-11-2012, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
There's not much available yet. All is not lost - lets start at the beginning.

Air intake

It wouldn't be too hard to fabricate from new or modify an existing air intake system.

Basically you remove the plastic, ribbed tube and replace it with a smooth tube of a larger diameter. Remove the stock air filter box. Add a cone filter. Make a wall between the engine and air intake area to keep engine heat out. There may be the possibility of opening up the area in the grill to allow more air into the filter area. Pretty simple on paper...

Ynnekdude did something like this on his A6 C6.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2819102

ECU flash and smaller supercharger upgrade.

There is a possibility that there will be a ECU and smaller supercharger pully upgrade. It would remove the flat top shown in this 3.0 TFSI chart. Most of the power gains would be realized at the top end.

There's a valve inside the supercharger that opens and dumps excess pressure back into the intake side at high RPM's. Part of the ECU flash keeps that valve closed longer and probably increases fuel delivery.

Exhaust

A cheap and dirty way to lower the restriction is to drill a big hole in the muffler. Weld a tip over the hole and you have dual outlets on each. Sounds crazy? It is.

This guy did it on a A7.

Here's a typical muffler - it's just asking for it...

my dealer gave me a big no for the ecu tune even though they are abt dealer they don't do ecu tunes and i heard the sound of that, wasn't very pleasing to my ears and i think he said that it makes a drone in the cabin

Originally Posted by jetinder
hi, MTM do a box for this engine -> http://www.mtm-online.de/en/Audi/A6-...T=m2a6300400qm

its good for 400ps. i have had their remap for almost two yesrs on my a8, it hasn't missed a beat. i'm waiting for a their box for my wifes a6 before getting it installed.

they are very very good.

good luck !

jet
I can't do ecu tune

Originally Posted by at1183
Given the amazing options available for almost every single Audi out there, I am sure there will be plenty of ECU and software available for this car.

Question though... How do Exhausts (like Stasis, etc) sound on Audis?

I've put high end exhausts on all my Acuras.. and it was always too loud in the cabin
i'll have to hear and get some opinions before buying anything

can't the 3.0T stratmosphere intake fit the C7 A6 as it fit a4, a5, s4,s5
Old 03-11-2012, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

do any of you guys know if there is SS brake lines available as the brake pedal feels soft for my taste