Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Tmobile 200MB/month free data for life!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 05:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, Where do you get the adapter?

Last edited by denvig; 11-23-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by feralc
The offer is only for tablets, I haven't received my sim but another member said the sim card must be activated in a tablet to be offered the free 200mb (it takes you to a different website), so do not use your old iphone, you might ruin your SIM card if it gets attached to a phone instead of a tablet. (Use an IPad instead)
I ordered both the regular and micro SIM so I'm covered in the event the old iPhone doesn't work out and I have to use an iPad.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:35 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by denvig
Thanks for the info, Where do you get the adapter?
Amazon or ebay
Noosy nano micro sim standard SIM card adapter
Old 11-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi uses standard size SIM card but another member (cyberdentist) had problems when he activated his standard SIM card in his Dell streak tablet (which uses standard obviously) in my case I am using the micro SIM card (with an adapter) and it worked perfectly after activating it with an iPad
I do not know if it is related or not to which device you activate the sim with but at least I know by method worked, you can get both SIM cards and try them both
ok one last question, exactly how do you get these sim's? Can you order on line if so at what site or do you need to go to a store? I don't own a tablet with a sim slot. I would use a friend's tablet to activate.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Banned

ok one last question, exactly how do you get these sim's? Can you order on line if so at what site or do you need to go to a store? I don't own a tablet with a sim slot. I would use a friend's tablet to activate.
You can go to a store but they might want to see the tablet, otherwise just order online and it takes like a week to get it.
http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/s...n-_-prepaidSIM
Just scroll down and order a micro sim mobile internet, as I said before another member had problems with his tablet and the standard size SIM so if you want to play it safe just get the micro (activate it with an IPad in my case was an Ipad4) and use the adapter.

Last edited by feralc; 11-25-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You can go to a store but they might want to see the tablet, otherwise just order online and it takes like a week to get it.
Just scroll down and order a micro sim mobile internet, as I said before another member had problems with his tablet and the standard size SIM so if you want to play it safe just get the micro (activate it with an IPad in my case was an Ipad4) and use the adapter.
This link doesn't work
it doesn't look complete. see the s..n-_- part??? maybe the forum site is preventing it from showing. just enter the part after the .com....... I can add the first part.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Banned

This link doesn't work
it doesn't look complete. see the s..n-_- part??? maybe the forum site is preventing it from showing. just enter the part after the .com....... I can add the first part.
Just google "tmobile 200mb" and it is the first link, scroll down and click on get a sim card for your tablet
Old 11-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Banned

I regret to inform that today my free service was not working, just like happened to cyberdentist, I reset the MMI, changed APN settings, several times, the 3G DOES show the two arrows that it is connected, but it is not downloading nor uploading anything.
I took the sim out and I put it back in my ipad and it works there, seems Tmobile indeed found a way to restrict this, I do not know if the sim card is attached only to my ipad ( I do not have another one to test that) or it prevents other kind of devices to use the free 200MB.
Well, it didnt work but it was worth to try, now I just leave the sim card in my ipad and I will use the 200MB for the rare ocassions I do not have wifi.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

As I guessed before, T-Mobile was probably going to ensure that the "free" offer was only used in a tablet and possibly only the specific one activated by its IMEI serial number. Otherwise, it leaves the ability to circumvent the intent of their promotion, i.e. using it in a phone without a plan. Or Audi Connect as in this case. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the not too distant future, they start doing the same thing with other devices like Audi Connect where a sim registered from/to another device will no longer work elsewhere. It's all about control of their income stream.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

Not sure why yours stopped working but my iPad on demand SIM as well as my iPhone Simple Choice SIM are still working in the MMI.

Quick Reply: Tmobile 200MB/month free data for life!