Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Trunk won't open with button under trunk lid

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

So all of these answers and comments assume that the OP has a C7 A6/7. The OP doesn't even state what car, yet alone the model and year, the only clue is in his name.
The OP may live in Egypt and is receiving answers from around the world that may or may not be relevant.
Posts without model, year and location should be treated as conjecture.
The following users liked this post:
II KRUCKUS II (01-08-2020)
Old 09-24-2015, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
So all of these answers and comments assume that the OP has a C7 A6/7. The OP doesn't even state what car, yet alone the model and year, the only clue is in his name.
The OP may live in Egypt and is receiving answers from around the world that may or may not be relevant.
Posts without model, year and location should be treated as conjecture.
Yeah, what were we thinking. I mean, why would we just assume that because he posted on the c7 section that he has a C7 Audi? Maybe it's a Corvette
The following users liked this post:
UncleScotty (08-06-2019)
Old 09-24-2015, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsC6
I found on my 2015 A7 the button on the glove box was very easy to accidentally hit....like every time I opened the glove box and reached in there for anything. I have not checked my 2016 yet to see if they changed the location or not. But they need to.
Great idea!
Tell them to hide it in the extreme far side away from the driver at the rear of the glove box so drivers can then complain "why did Audi put it there? They need to put it nearer the front of the glove box so I can reach it."
It is hard to please all car owners all the time I guess.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jjsC6
Yeah, what were we thinking. I mean, why would we just assume that because he posted on the c7 section that he has a C7 Audi? Maybe it's a Corvette
And all C7's are the same? BTW - if you Google C7 you get a lot more Corvette responses than Audi plus the OP said when his keys are in the car so I'm beginning to think that you're right.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
And all C7's are the same? BTW - if you Google C7 you get a lot more Corvette responses than Audi plus the OP said when his keys are in the car so I'm beginning to think that you're right.
Your first line in the post I quoted said we are just assuming his is a C7 generation car, that's why I made my comment - of course we assume it's a C7 Audi when it's in the C7 section.

I'm a huge Corvette guy. I don't own one now, but I look at the Corvette C7 forum every day. Ever since the C6 came out 10 years ago it has the best keyless system made. Not only is it fully keyless, but you don't even have to touch anything to lock the car. Just walk away from it and it locks by itself. But I digress
Old 09-25-2015, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

[QUOTE=jjsC6;24727182]Your first line in the post I quoted said we are just assuming his is a C7 generation car, that's why I made my comment - of course we assume it's a C7 Audi when it's in the C7 section.

QUOTE]

But the OP said, "With the keys in the car". That's why I had my doubts and with a WWW and Audi making several versions, even of the C7, it is ambiguous to answer without more information.

Specific questions regarding the operation of the car need more concise information to have a relevant answer so, at the very least, put the car specs in the post and the location.
Obviously, those that post more than occasionally put the pertinent information in their signature or under their avatar.

There is a reason that docters put MD after their name - it adds the necessary credibility to their answers and lets you know their perspective on their questions.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I have a similar problem with my trunk lid button, I have an a4 b7 2005, I can open the trunk only with my key fob or the key it self, now this model should have the trunk opening button in the door next to the alarm buttons but mine doesn't have it.
Can anyone help me please.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by rcsiker
Hi I have a similar problem with my trunk lid button, I have an a4 b7 2005, I can open the trunk only with my key fob or the key it self, now this model should have the trunk opening button in the door next to the alarm buttons but mine doesn't have it.
Can anyone help me please.
Suggest you post your question in the correct forum for the A4 B7 platform. This is for the A6 C7 and many of us may never have had a B7
Old 12-08-2015, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

[QUOTE=jjsC6;24727182]Your first line in the post I quoted said we are just assuming his is a C7 generation car, that's why I made my comment - of course we assume it's a C7 Audi when it's in the C7 section.

QUOTE]
See what happens when you assume? See post 17.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aswini Kumar Atibudhi
make sure the valet parking is off if it is pushed then the trunk will not open with remote
That did it for us. Must've been moving stuff around glove compartment and pressed the valet key. Thank you

Quick Reply: Trunk won't open with button under trunk lid