Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Truphone help

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have truphone sim, can't establish data connection

Wondering if I'm missing anything obvious. Got my Truphone SIM in the mail today, and put it in the dash (2012 A6). Have tried setting APN to truphone.com, Truphone.com (the Truphone setup instructions indicated both in different places), truphone and Truphone, with a space as the username and an empty password. While I see the signal indicating that it is on the T-Mobile network, I'm never able to actually send/receive data.

I have data roaming checked.

Any other suggestions for other config settings I should be checking?
Old 11-16-2012, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rickklau
Wondering if I'm missing anything obvious. Got my Truphone SIM in the mail today, and put it in the dash (2012 A6). Have tried setting APN to truphone.com, Truphone.com (the Truphone setup instructions indicated both in different places), truphone and Truphone, with a space as the username and an empty password. While I see the signal indicating that it is on the T-Mobile network, I'm never able to actually send/receive data.

I don't recall putting any value in the username field, not even a space
Old 11-16-2012, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

nevermind. Might have taken some time to register on the network? In any event, just redid the config and it's now working. Think I'm all set, apologies for the fire drill!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nevermind. Might have taken some time to register on the network? In any event, just redid the config and it's now working. Think I'm all set, apologies for the fire drill!
no worries. happy to help.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Sirius Conflict with Truphone Sim?

I have successfully activated a TruPhone sim in my 2014 Q5. But, since I then activated a trial Sirius subscription I have lost the functionality of the Audi MMI Connect on my Iphone which identifies the location of the car. The app tells me that the Wi-Fi in the car cannot be found - even though the Wi-Fi is on in the car. I have tried repeatedly to turn the Wi-Fi on and off, I have removed the cars sim chip and re-inserted it...etc.

Nothing works. Anybody familiar with this conflict with Sirius?

Any help is appreciated!!
Old 05-07-2016, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi,

Need some Audi/Truphone set-up assistance.
Have a 2014 A4, got the truphone sim card, activated it, inserted sim card in Audi, set APN to "Truphone.com", blank user, blank password and does not work. Tried taking sim out and replacing and still does not work. When I try to do an "online destinations" search I get the message:

What am I missing?

I go to the data usage tab and it shows 0 data in the last 2 days so it is obviously not working.

When I select TEL on the Audi MMI, it shows AT&T.

HELP!

Thanks,

Frustrated in Seattle