Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

TSW Nurburgring wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSW Nurburgring wheels

What do you guys think of TSW Nurburgring gunmetal wheels on a moonlight blue A6?

I'm looking for 19x8.5 wheels that are lighter than stock, have good quality, look and that doesn't cost much; and I like the nurburgring wheels because of their price.

can I have your input on how would they look and if there are any wheel you guys suggest?
Attached Images      
Old 11-24-2012, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

+1

Yes yes !!!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like those wheels, but I like these better. My glacier white S6 arrives Dec 17, and these OZs are going on it. These are called OZ Ultraleggera HLT that are graphite silver. Tire rack has the exact size 20x8.5, but the offset is not 45mm. I think it's 35mm which will push them out 10mm (not to my liking). I'm going to see if I can get the 45mm offset built. I could handle 40mm, but I'm worried 35mm will put too much dirt down the side of the car. The handling might change too. 10mm each side = 20mm = 3/4 inch. Doesn't seem deathly.

These wheels are made in Italy and they have similar strength/weight to forged wheels. All 4 wheels cost $2420 total. Not too bad. I spent $6000 for my Porsche 911 wheels.
Attached Images  
Old 11-24-2012, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by shaikhasm
What do you guys think of TSW Nurburgring gunmetal wheels on a moonlight blue A6?

I'm looking for 19x8.5 wheels that are lighter than stock, have good quality, look and that doesn't cost much; and I like the nurburgring wheels because of their price.

can I have your input on how would they look and if there are any wheel you guys suggest?
You never did say what they cost? I am looking for some aftermarket wheels to go on my winter set up when my car arrives in early January.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by noah123
+1

Yes yes !!!!!
thanks

let me see your input guys

Originally Posted by edporsche
I like those wheels, but I like these better. My glacier white S6 arrives Dec 17, and these OZs are going on it. These are called OZ Ultraleggera HLT that are graphite silver. Tire rack has the exact size 20x8.5, but the offset is not 45mm. I think it's 35mm which will push them out 10mm (not to my liking). I'm going to see if I can get the 45mm offset built. I could handle 40mm, but I'm worried 35mm will put too much dirt down the side of the car. The handling might change too. 10mm each side = 20mm = 3/4 inch. Doesn't seem deathly.

These wheels are made in Italy and they have similar strength/weight to forged wheels. All 4 wheels cost $2420 total. Not too bad. I spent $6000 for my Porsche 911 wheels.
well it affect the handling negatively or in a good way?

the nurburgrings are +35 so it's out an extra 10 mm over stock
Old 11-24-2012, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by shaikhasm
well it affect the handling negatively or in a good way?

the nurburgrings are +35 so it's out an extra 10 mm over stock
Wider is better generally, a wider stance is a more planted stance. To a point. The suspension is tuned for +45mm. By placing it 10mm shifted out, it will be non-optimal for how the suspension was designed or intended. The general guidance that is acceptable is 10mm shift is the max in either direction. My Porsche 911 came installed with a 5mm spacer from the factory. The extra 5mm creates a wider stance, fills out the wheel well, and adds a little aesthetics with the bright spacer. Porsche does not offer a 10mm spacer. I think it's for a reason.

I think 10mm is probably acceptable, but the suspension will not react tithe same way as 45mm. A 5mm shift is a no brainier. 10mm is more problamatic for me personally. I'm going to see if I can get a custom et45 from OZ.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by edporsche

Those are very nice! I am glad you're getting the S6 now. Can't wait to see it in glacier white! I probably will keep my wheels stock, but my last 997 had hre's and the car the 5 mm factory spacers.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jmk1
Those are very nice! I am glad you're getting the S6 now. Can't wait to see it in glacier white! I probably will keep my wheels stock, but my last 997 had hre's and the car the 5 mm factory spacers.
Thanks. It's a long story, but I'm getting the same s6 after all. It's $30k+ cheaper than the Cayenne GTS and that is the bottom line. I also wasn't impressed with how fast the GTS is. The 0-60 from the manufacturer is 5.4s, but one magazine pegged it at 6.1s. Me no likey. I finally drove one, and it was very nimble in the corners, but slow. The S6 delivery was changed from mid march to mid December. I said me likey.

I'm excited. I may keep OEM wheels if I can't find the correct offset. I got the 20" wheels and they look good. The cast aluminum look is getting a little long in the tooth.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the TSW nurburgring matte gunmetal in 19x9.5 et41 on my 2013 A6 for about a month. I loved them they looked great!! I had them in my garage just sitting around so installed them while i was waiting on my new wheels and suspension.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by noah123
+1

Yes yes !!!!!
+1 for me as well, very nice wheels.

Quick Reply: TSW Nurburgring wheels