Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Tuning, Maintenance, Longevity & Reliability

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 03:20 AM
(C7) A6 TDI Noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning, Maintenance, Longevity & Reliability

Hey folks,
I got the honour of becoming the second owner to a 2016 (C7) A6 TDI Technik w/ 55,200 kms yesterday.
Did my due diligence by contacting Audi Canada and getting the original build sheet, info on the history (confirmation of maintenance performed and intervals) of the car; also pulled a Carfax as well.
Had it inspected at a local Audi dealership as well.
I plan on driving this car for years and years to come.
I have a 1600-1700 kms commute to work, mostly in northern Alberta/ BC, Canada where winters can go as low as -50 to -60 Celsius so I needed the Quattro system for the roads, diesel fuel efficiency for less trip interruptions.
I also on doing more long range trips throughout the country, just exploring the provinces and potentially the States as well.
I am getting the car wrapped and ceramic pro added as well to protect my investment.
Plan to get a stage 1 tune done as well to bring the HP up a bit and add a bit more torque, I read somewhere on the internet that tuning adds longevity to the engine, makes it more reliable (I don’t know how true this is, as I have never tuned anything in my life).

And I don’t know anyone that owns an A6 TDI or even a 2016 one at that.
This is my second Audi, as I previously owned a 2010 Q5 premium plus which wasn’t too bad on the maintenance side of things.

• With the proper maintenance, care-caution; can I expect to get 250,000+ trouble-free KMs on this car?
• Are there any specific areas or issues to be particularly aware of for this car?
• Can anyone please share their long-term experience with the (C7) A6/ A6 TDI?
• If anyone has experience with tuning and how it held up, any info you are willing to share with me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by avo.zo; 06-11-2021 at 03:49 AM.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by avo.zo
Hey folks,
I got the honour of becoming the second owner to a 2016 (C7) A6 TDI Technik w/ 55,200 kms yesterday.
Did my due diligence by contacting Audi Canada and getting the original build sheet, info on the history (confirmation of maintenance performed and intervals) of the car; also pulled a Carfax as well.
Had it inspected at a local Audi dealership as well.
I plan on driving this car for years and years to come.
I have a 1600-1700 kms commute to work, mostly in northern Alberta/ BC, Canada where winters can go as low as -50 to -60 Celsius so I needed the Quattro system for the roads, diesel fuel efficiency for less trip interruptions.
I also on doing more long range trips throughout the country, just exploring the provinces and potentially the States as well.
I am getting the car wrapped and ceramic pro added as well to protect my investment.
Plan to get a stage 1 tune done as well to bring the HP up a bit and add a bit more torque, I read somewhere on the internet that tuning adds longevity to the engine, makes it more reliable (I don’t know how true this is, as I have never tuned anything in my life).

And I don’t know anyone that owns an A6 TDI or even a 2016 one at that.
This is my second Audi, as I previously owned a 2010 Q5 premium plus which wasn’t too bad on the maintenance side of things.

• With the proper maintenance, care-caution; can I expect to get 250,000+ trouble-free KMs on this car?
• Are there any specific areas or issues to be particularly aware of for this car?
• Can anyone please share their long-term experience with the (C7) A6/ A6 TDI?
• If anyone has experience with tuning and how it held up, any info you are willing to share with me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Very interesting! 1000mile commute! Daily?
You are asking for advice (from an impeccable source) after you have already decided,
Old 06-14-2021, 12:43 PM
(C7) A6 TDI Noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by morris39
Very interesting! 1000mile commute! Daily?
You are asking for advice (from an impeccable source) after you have already decided,
so I drive to work and I stay at location for about 3-6 weeks then I drive home; that entire listed kms is for the round trip to work and back home.

while I’m at location it’s about a 20-60mins drive to actual work site. It varies depending on where my boss actually sends me to work for the day or night.

I really like the 2016 A6 styling/ face lift. I also didn’t want an A8 TDI so I had to look around for a while to find an A6 with all the options i wanted.
This thing is amazing on the highway, I tested it out and I got about 1150+ before I had to fuel up.
Any info/ tips would be appreciated!!